Are English-Taught MSc Physics Programs Available in France?

• Programs
  • Thread starter BH Wiz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Msc Physics
In summary, there are several MSc programs in physics in France that are taught in English, including the MSc High Energy Physics program jointly organized by École Polytechnique and ETH Zurich. Other options to consider are Belgium and Holland, as some of their universities also teach in English. However, there are also MSc programs in Germany that are taught in English.
BH Wiz
Are there good MSc programs in physics in France that are taught in english? (ones that might be in particle or nuclear physics but that's not important)

Physics news on Phys.org
I have my eyes on this one: Msc High Energy Physics. It is jointly organised by École Polytechnique (ParisTech) and ETH Zurich (Switzerland). You spend 1 year in Switzerland, 1 year in France, from what I understand. Check out their website for more.

Perhaps also look at Belgium or Holland? I think some of their universities teach in English.

Why is the country (but not the city) more important than the topic? Especially if you don't want to use the local language anyway.

I know several MSc programs in Germany are in English.

1. What is an MSc. in Physics in France?

An MSc. in Physics in France is a graduate degree program that focuses on advanced topics in physics such as quantum mechanics, electromagnetism, and astrophysics. It is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in theoretical and experimental physics, as well as the necessary research skills to pursue a career in academia, industry, or government agencies.

2. What are the admission requirements for an MSc. in Physics in France?

The admission requirements for an MSc. in Physics in France vary depending on the university, but generally, applicants must hold a bachelor's degree in physics or a related field from an accredited institution. They must also submit transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose. Some universities may also require GRE scores and proof of English proficiency for international students.

3. How long does it take to complete an MSc. in Physics in France?

The duration of an MSc. in Physics in France is typically 2 years, which is divided into 4 semesters. However, some universities may offer an accelerated program that can be completed in 1.5 years, while others may have a longer duration of 3 years for part-time students.

4. What are the career prospects after completing an MSc. in Physics in France?

Graduates of an MSc. in Physics in France have a wide range of career opportunities in both academia and industry. They can pursue a career as a research scientist, engineer, data analyst, or consultant in fields such as aerospace, energy, telecommunications, and healthcare. They can also continue their studies and pursue a PhD in physics or a related field.

5. What is the cost of an MSc. in Physics in France for international students?

The cost of an MSc. in Physics in France for international students varies depending on the university and program. On average, the tuition fees range from 2,000 to 10,000 EUR per year. Additionally, students will also need to cover living expenses, which can range from 800 to 1,200 EUR per month. Scholarships and financial aid may be available for international students to help cover these costs.