1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MSI Logic

1. Apr 2, 2007 #1
    1. Hi i basically need information on how to construct a 4-to-16 line decoder made of four 2-to-4 line decoders each of the smaller decoders is equipped with two active-LOW enable inputs and i am allowed to use 2 inverters in addition to the four decoders.

and also Show how to construct a 16-input multiplexer from four 4-input multiplexers,
    a 4-output demultiplexer and an OR gate. each of the smaller multiplexers
    is equipped with one (active-HIGH) enable, E. The 16-input MUX should have data
    inputs I15 −I0, select inputs S3S2S1S0 and output Z.

I constructed a 4-16 decoder using five 2-4 decoders but thats not what i am after lol and not sure how to do this with four.

Thanks for any help

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 4, 2007 #2
    i figured out the first question can anyone help with the second. The thing is there is only like 5 pages on this topic in my book and its very frustrating.

4. Apr 5, 2007 #3
    yay i figured it out (thanks for all the help :P) Glad to know this site doesnt care

5. Aug 20, 2007 #4
    To gogon..

hi gogon,
    how to construct a 4-to-16 line decoder made of four 2-to-4 line decoders

6. Sep 5, 2007 #5
    Its not a matter of no one caring, its a matter of showing your work. Do realize that many HW helpers have FULL TIME JOBS and a FAMILY to worry about.

You would be able to find this circuit in elementary digital logic design textbooks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?