MSN Messenger 7.0 - Help Needed With Email Viewing Issue

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
In summary, ever since getting MSN Messenger 7.0, the speaker has been unable to view their emails by clicking the "my email inbox" button, as the window never opens. They are seeking assistance in resolving this issue. Other users suggest trying alternative email clients such as GAIM or Mozilla Thunderbird, and point out that using MSN Explorer may cause issues with accessing emails. It is suggested that the problem may be related to a popup blocker, internet security settings, or javascript settings.
JamesU
Gold Member
ever since I got MSN Messenger 7.0, I haven't been able to view my emails. I click the button and the window never opens. can anyone help me with this?

Physics news on Phys.org
yomamma said:
ever since I got MSN Messenger 7.0, I haven't been able to view my emails. I click the button and the window never opens. can anyone help me with this?
I can't say I am having the same problem.

The Bob (2004 ©)

What button? What window? What email client are you using? Why don't use GAIM:

http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

dduardo said:
What button? What window? What email client are you using? Why don't use GAIM:

http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

Mozilla Thunderbird is superb too!

Do you use MSN Explorer?

If the Passport you use on Messenger is set up in MSN Explorer, it will try to open MSN Explorer to check your e-mail. If you don't use MSN Explorer, it uses Internet Explorer to check your e-mail on Hotmail.com.

I click the button that says "my email inbox" then it should open up an internet explorer window with my email inbox. but the window never pops up. it only happens on my computer, it works fine on other comps

can anyone help? this is becoming very annoying

I'd guess its either a popup blocker or something that's in your internet security package, or possibly a problem with your javascript settings.

1. What is MSN Messenger 7.0?

MSN Messenger 7.0 is an instant messaging program developed by Microsoft. It allows users to send messages, make video and voice calls, and share files with other MSN Messenger users.

2. What is the "Help Needed With Email Viewing Issue" for MSN Messenger 7.0?

The "Help Needed With Email Viewing Issue" refers to a common problem where MSN Messenger users are unable to view emails within the program. This can be caused by various reasons such as outdated software, server issues, or incorrect settings.

3. How can I fix the email viewing issue on MSN Messenger 7.0?

To fix the email viewing issue, you can try updating your MSN Messenger software, checking your internet connection, or adjusting your email settings. You can also contact MSN Messenger support for further assistance.

4. Is MSN Messenger 7.0 still supported?

No, MSN Messenger 7.0 is no longer supported by Microsoft. It was replaced by Windows Live Messenger in 2006 and was officially discontinued in 2013.

5. Are there any alternative programs to MSN Messenger 7.0?

Yes, there are many alternative instant messaging programs available such as Skype, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger. These programs offer similar features to MSN Messenger and are constantly updated and supported by their respective companies.