1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mulitvariable calculus book

1. Aug 24, 2012 #1
    This semester I am taking multivariable calculus - studying from the stewart calculus book. Anyways the teacher that I am taking is known for giving ridiculously hard tests and in general his class is really tough, however he gaurantees I will learn more in his math class than I would have taking the same course from another teacher.. in fact math teachers from other schools recommend their engineering students to take him. Also his class must be very challenging because he said he would give a letter of recommendation if anyone can get an A in his class...
    Anyways I am trying to find another calc book to read from (along with the stewart book) to get a wider variety of problems that are more difficult than stewarts... Can anyone recommend a book? thank you.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 25, 2012 #2
    I personally liked "Multivariable Calculus" by Edwards and Penney (although people on Amazon seem to hate it for some reason).

https://www.amazon.com/Multivariabl...74786&sr=1-13&keywords=multivariable+calculus

You might also want to try "How to Ace the Rest of Calculus," by Adams and Thompson, for a more readable and relaxed experience. It won't cover everything you'll need to know, but it's a great book for nailing down basic concepts.

https://www.amazon.com/How-Ace-Rest...874724&sr=1-5&keywords=multivariable+calculus

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook