Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Multi dimensional physics

1. Mar 3, 2004 #1
    im referring to an old thread called dimension vs direction in theory and dewvelopment, i say the the forces (attraction and repulsion) change at diffrent dimensions.

for example.

a one dimensioal universe is a line so the two forses will be sub-dimensional (a dot) and travelling along the line, so a two dimensional world (a surface) will have sub dimensional forces (dots) and two dimensional forces (lines e.g superstring). in a three dimensional world (feilds) you will have dots,lines and plates (plates are 2 dimensional superstrings) then in fourth dimension you have forces acting in feilds.

i havent come up with anything for fith, sixth and so on

what your opinion

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 4, 2004 #2
    I happen to disagree tay
    the forces do not change or rather are not different for different dimensions, infact they are all easily unified in 26 dimendions.
    for example forces that may seem far apart or in different forms in lower dimensions may infact be unified in higher dimensions.
    Therefore I wish to state that that forces are the same , but are observed diffrently in different dimensions.They can be unified in higher dimensions

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?