Multi-Verse: A Speculative Argument

• Thread starter MrCaN
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of theoretical physics and the ability to prove or disprove theories. The speakers mention the existence of a theoretical article in Scientific American and the possibility of building a ship to travel between universes. They also briefly mention the idea of a manned mission to Mars. The conversation ends with a humorous comment about going back to the moon.
MrCaN
Ok, so it is still purly speculation, and an unprovable argument, there is a reason I am not a theoretical physicest or astronomer, I can argue that 10^100 m from here is a giant cow that eats grass off a tiny planet orbiting a binary black hole system, nobody can prove me wrong, and I can't prove it true, so why worry about it.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Not quite. The dimensions predicted by say, M theory can theoretically be tested, but require very high sensitivity detectors. So far, the search has turned up nothing, but we have barely scratched the surface of the detail that is available.

Originally posted by MrCaN
Ok, so it is still purly speculation, and an unprovable argument, there is a reason I am not a theoretical physicest or astronomer, I can argue that 10^100 m from here is a giant cow that eats grass off a tiny planet orbiting a binary black hole system, nobody can prove me wrong, and I can't prove it true, so why worry about it.

"MOO" Did anyone else hear that?

CaN
that article is really interesting
thanks for posting the url
even the infinity-ness of what he calls
the "level one" type is enough to
boggle on

I heard an interesting interview with Dr. Kaku last night where he proposes building a ship to travel from one universe to another to avoid the big freeze here at home.

I heard an interesting interview with Dr. Kaku last night where he proposes building a ship to travel from one universe to another to avoid the big freeze here at home.

i listened to him on coast to coast last night too.
lol meanwhile back in reality we've only just 'penciled in' 2018 as a possible date for a maned Mars mission

Mars smars, I think we should go back to the moon first.

Mars smars, I think we should go back to the moon first.

i think we should have been there all this time

1. What is the multi-verse theory?

The multi-verse theory is a speculative argument that suggests the existence of multiple universes beyond our own. It proposes that there are an infinite number of parallel universes, each with their own unique set of physical laws and conditions.

2. What evidence supports the multi-verse theory?

Currently, there is no concrete evidence that definitively proves the existence of a multi-verse. However, some theories in quantum mechanics and cosmology, such as the Many-Worlds interpretation and the inflationary model of the universe, offer support for the idea of multiple universes.

3. How does the multi-verse theory relate to the concept of the "Butterfly Effect"?

The Butterfly Effect, also known as chaos theory, suggests that small changes in initial conditions can lead to vastly different outcomes. In the context of the multi-verse theory, this means that even the smallest variations in physical laws or conditions can result in the creation of a new universe, branching off from our own.

4. Are there any potential implications or consequences of the multi-verse theory?

Since the multi-verse theory is purely speculative at this point, there are no definitive implications or consequences. However, some scientists and philosophers have theorized that the existence of multiple universes could have profound implications for our understanding of reality and the nature of the universe.

5. Can the multi-verse theory be tested or proven?

Currently, the multi-verse theory is not testable or provable using current technology and scientific methods. However, as our understanding of the universe and quantum mechanics continues to evolve, it is possible that we may one day be able to gather evidence or conduct experiments that support or disprove the theory.