Multiple Access interference

In Summary, you should evaluate the Multiple Access interference for a communication system using time hoping format and Bi- orthogonal pulse position modulation or pulse position modulation.
T.Engineer
in order to evaluate the Multiple Access interfernce should I find the mean and variance for the transmitted Signal?
Thanks alot!

Engineering news on Phys.org
At least those, though often it's necessary to look at
other aspects of things like the signal crosscorrelations,
the protocol retry algorithms / protocol timings / packet or
transmission burst lengths, FEC coding, probability of
simultaneous transmissions, etc. etc.

Basically it depends a lot upon the protocols, the
modulation schemes, and the configurations of the
transmitters/receivers what the actual interference
statistics will be.

xez said:
At least those, though often it's necessary to look at
other aspects of things like the signal crosscorrelations,
the protocol retry algorithms / protocol timings / packet or
transmission burst lengths, FEC coding, probability of
simultaneous transmissions, etc. etc.

Basically it depends a lot upon the protocols, the
modulation schemes, and the configurations of the
transmitters/receivers what the actual interference
statistics will be.

Please, what do you mean by Protocols?
I am going to use Pulse Position Amplitude Modulation and correlation receiver.
and if I will find the crosscorrelation for the transmitted signal, what it will be the point?
So, what I have to do?
Thanks a lot!

T.Engineer said:
Please, what do you mean by Protocols?
I am going to use Pulse Position Amplitude Modulation and correlation receiver.

You said "multiple access", so xez and I assume you mean multiple transmitters colliding a a receiver. There must be some protocol for multiple access (CSMA, TDMA, etc.), so you must factor the protocol into your calculations.

yes exactly.
I am going to use Time Hopping format for multiple access and multipath Fading Channel model.
if you want any other information, please tell me.
Thanks alot!

In other word I'd like to evaluate the multiple access interference for a communication system using time hoping format and Bi- orthogonal pulse position modulation or pulse position modulation.
So, generally What I should do?

What is Multiple Access Interference (MAI)?

Multiple Access Interference (MAI) refers to the interference that occurs when multiple users are transmitting signals over the same channel simultaneously. It is a common problem in wireless communication systems and can result in decreased signal quality and data errors.

How does MAI affect communication systems?

MAI can significantly decrease the performance and efficiency of communication systems by causing signal distortion and data loss. It can also reduce the overall capacity of the communication channel, resulting in slower transmission speeds.

What are the main causes of MAI?

MAI can be caused by various factors, including overlapping frequency bands, improper channel allocation, and signal reflections. It can also occur due to the limited bandwidth of the communication channel and the high number of users transmitting simultaneously.

What are some techniques used to mitigate MAI?

To reduce the impact of MAI, various techniques can be used, including frequency division multiple access, time division multiple access, and code division multiple access. These methods involve allocating different frequencies, time slots, or codes to different users to avoid interference.

How can MAI be measured and monitored in communication systems?

MAI can be measured and monitored using various metrics, such as the bit error rate, signal-to-interference ratio, and carrier-to-interference ratio. These metrics can help evaluate the performance of the communication system and identify potential sources of interference.