1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Multiple Integral question

1. Jul 27, 2008 #1
    It has been a long while since I've done any multiple integral stuff and I must say this question posed to me has me stumped, even though I suspect it is trivial.

1. Find the volume of the of the region bounded by the first octant and x+z=3 and y+5z=15

I figure since it is in the first octant of 3D Euclidean coordinate system the lower bound should involve at some point x,y,z = 0, and I think I also need to get the point of intersection of the two planes, which I came up with as y = 5x which I have no idea if it is helpful or not. So some guidance would be appreciated if possible!
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2008 #2
  4. Jul 28, 2008 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

The plane rootX is talking about is the one containing the lines x+ z= 3 with y=0, y+ 5z= 15 with x= 0, and 5x+ y= 15 with z= 0.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?