How to Use Multiquote: A Guide

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a feature on a forum website that allows users to search for similar threads. One user is having trouble using the feature, while another user finds it very helpful. The conversation also mentions a suggestion for the feature to work with just a title search. The conversation ends with a request for updates on a different issue.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
How does it work?

It sounds like a feature I'd make use of (I often combine several quotes from the same of different members in one post) but I can't seem to get it to do anything.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, there was a suggestion for it to work with just a title search so you wouldn't have to wait until after you had created a thread. It seems to search better than the regular "search" function.

ehrenfest said:
What are you talking about? Where is this feature?

Evo said:
Scroll all the way to the bottom of any thread.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=241835" Never mind!
(BTW, any updates on gold members being allowed out of the moderation queue?)

Last edited by a moderator:
mbrmbrg said:
(BTW, any updates on gold members being allowed out of the moderation queue?)

Not yet. Greg better find a way to fix it soon, because all this bail is getting expensive. :biggrin:

1. How do I access the Multiquote feature?

To access the Multiquote feature, first make sure you are logged into your account. Then, navigate to the post or comment you would like to quote. Next, click on the "Multiquote" button located below the post or comment. This will add the post or comment to your Multiquote list.

2. How do I view my Multiquote list?

To view your Multiquote list, click on the "Multiquote" button located in the top right corner of the page. This will open a drop-down menu where you can see all the posts and comments you have added to your Multiquote list.

3. Can I add multiple posts or comments to my Multiquote list at once?

Yes, you can add multiple posts or comments to your Multiquote list at once. Simply click on the "Multiquote" button below each post or comment you would like to add. You can also use the "Select All" option in the Multiquote menu to add all posts and comments on a page to your list.

4. How do I quote multiple posts or comments in a single reply?

To quote multiple posts or comments in a single reply, first access your Multiquote list. Then, click on the "Quote Posts" or "Quote Comments" button at the bottom of the list. This will open a reply box with all the posts or comments you have selected quoted in it.

5. Can I remove posts or comments from my Multiquote list?

Yes, you can remove posts or comments from your Multiquote list. To do so, click on the "Multiquote" button in the top right corner of the page and then click on the "X" next to the post or comment you would like to remove. You can also use the "Clear List" option to remove all posts and comments from your Multiquote list at once.