1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Multirange Voltmeter

1. Oct 5, 2009 #1
    Can someone please help me out with this problem? I am not sure if what I am doing

question:
    The figure below shows the internal wiring of a "three-scale" voltmeter whose binding posts are marked , 3.00 V, 15.0 V, and 150 V. When the meter is connected to the circuit being measured, one connection is made to the post marked + and the other to the post marked with the desired voltage range. The resistance of the moving coil is Rg, and a current of I in the coil causes it to deflect full scale.

Picutre:
    yf_Figure_26_64.jpg

we know v=i/r and Vcoil=IgRcoil

dont know where to begin

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 5, 2009 #2

rl.bhat

Homework Helper

What is required in the problem?

4. Oct 5, 2009 #3
    sorry forgot to mention that. you have to find R1, R2, R3. Also find the overall resistance of the meter on a 3.00, 15.0, 150 V-range

5. Oct 5, 2009 #4
    Why don't you state the entire text of the problem, verbatum? It should have a question mark somewhere to be answered.

6. Oct 5, 2009 #5
    What is R1, R2, R3 and what is the overall resistance of the meter on a 3.00, 15.0, 150 V-range? that what its asking

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook