1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Multivariable Functions & their Integrals

1. Dec 14, 2004 #1
    Hi to all,
    Anyone knows sites or got online books that would help a student like me learn all about multivariable functions & their geometric visualization, 2 and 3 diminsional graphs, derivatives, integrals, and more explination?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 14, 2004 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Check up on the topic of "Vector Calculus".
    There are tons of books on these issues, Marsden&Tromba's "Vector Calculus" is the one I used first; I liked that one.

4. Dec 14, 2004 #3
    i had the edwards/penney book, which has lots of pictures & computer graphics, etc in it. they've got a website here:
    http://cwx.prenhall.com/bookbind/pubbooks/esm_edwards_calc-cd-iv_6/

the site has a bunch of interactive stuff on it with graphics & whatnot where you can move surfaces around, etc. you've got to download a plugin for that stuff, i don't know if that would be a problem or what

5. Dec 15, 2004 #4
    Oh well, thanks for your help. I'll be checking the resourses...
    I hope I'll get along with my Math course... it's Calculus III, but I enjoy this course.
    It's nice and weird how you go into multi-dimensional calculus, applied all your simple one diminsion calculation... it's feels your going deeper....
    Personally I think Mathematics is the mother of all languages... :wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?