Multiverse ?

• Thread starter - Q -
  • Start date
Hello, Im new here.

I've had this in my head for a bit about the Multiverse theory, maybe some of you can give me some help at an answer ?

Heregoes,

In this supposedly "infinite" Multiverse idea, wouldn't there have to be a place for a universe where Multiverse simply did not exist ?

Or even worse, wouldn't you have the possibility of a universe where simply no other universes would exist, even itself ?

If so, how is it that we do still exist in THIS universe, along the possibility of a non-multiverse or non-universe, all at the same time ?

Tbh, I've not had so much sleep lately. ;)

Thanks

Borg

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Not the first time that it's been asked:
Paradox disproves multiverse, says 9 year old.
In this supposedly "infinite" Multiverse idea, wouldn't there have to be a place for a universe where Multiverse simply did not exist ?
Short answer from Janus on post 6:
The argument falls apart right here. This just means that a "universe where there isn't a multiverse" doesn't fall within the realm of possibility if there is a multiverse. IOW, the existence of a multiverse excludes a universe without a multiverse as being a possibility. "Every possibility" does not mean "Everything is possible".
For example, with a standard six sided die, rolling a "pi" is not a possibility.