Unsolved Mystery - Bill & Pam's Mount Everest Tragedy

• Thread starter Aditya
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mystery
In summary: The ticket agent(s) could be tell their friends before the murder occur and that would be enough to confirm their guilt.
Aditya
Bill took Pam to Mount Everest in order to go mountain climbing. Unfortunately Pam was found dead after her hook broke while she was climbing up the mountain. Although most of the people were convinced that Pam died of an accident, ONE person was assured that it was a planned murder. Who is that person and how did he/she know?

Here's an extra teaser:

How far can a dog go into the woods?

Physics news on Phys.org
Bill planned it and so he knew

god, buddah, joseph smith?

Bill was the one person because he did it

Aditya said:
Bill took Pam to Mount Everest in order to go mountain climbing. Unfortunately Pam was found dead after her hook broke while she was climbing up the mountain. Although most of the people were convinced that Pam died of an accident, ONE person was assured that it was a planned murder. Who is that person and how did he/she know?

Bill would know; but Pam would probably know too.

Here's an extra teaser:

Aditya said:
How far can a dog go into the woods?

The dog can go all the way IN, which is to the center of the forest, from then on, the dog is going OUT of the forest.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

On a second thought I think it is the Blacksmith

everyone elses answers for who dunnit pretty much match mine... but the dog can only go into the woods a tiny we bitty bit... after that, he's already inside...

Rahsmuss was right for the dog problem since after going halfway into the woods you are technically going out of the woods.

For the murder mystery its not Bill or Pam or the Blacksmith.

This one's incredibly difficult to solve since nobody's going to think of this person.

HintIt's the person who sells the airplane tickets

Answer: Four, or at most five. After that he has to go into the irons.

Pam's husband, (who, I am guessing is not Bill)weakened a piece of climbing gear to wreck their little rendevouz

Based on this hint you gave:

It's the person who sells the airplane tickets.

I would say because she mentioned being afraid of heights to the airplane ticket seller. So she would not have gone on a mountain climbing expedition willingly.

It's Aditya, he's the one who made up the riddle!

I agree with Gale17 on the dog, once he's in the woods he's running IN the woods and not INTO the woods.

The travel agent knows it was Bill because Bill was stupid enough to buy only a one-way ticket for her

Based on the hint given- The man booked two tickets there, but only booked one ticket back, so the person who sold them knew that he wasn't expecting to return with Pam

Yes, regor and matthy are both both right.

I guess I should have rephrased the dog question by writing "How far can the dog run in the woods" instead of into.

Last edited:
I think it was Godzilla... I mean... selling Airline tickets is his day-job. He could see all the way to Mt. Everest from Japan, where the couple Bill and Pam were from (since their names are very oriental). He saw when she fell and heard (with his big ears) Bill say : "Ha ha! Now I have murdered Pam and no one will know about it."

aditya said:
ONE person was assured that it was a planned murder
The ticket agent might be suspicious, but ... they could never be 'assured'. There are too many good reasons why a person might buy a one-way ticket. At any rate the puzzle emphasizes that ONE person knew. The only way that could be is if the only person who knows is the perp.
eom

Last edited:
Y'know rahmuss, that's not a bad answer...

Aditya said:
I guess I should have rephrased the dog question by writing "How far can the dog run in the woods" instead of into.
No, you phrased it correctly. It has to be phrased that way.

If you are near the edge of the woods, it is perfectly logical to "go further into the woods". You can continue to go into the woods until you are coming out again.

If you merely say "How far can the dog run in the woods", the answer is "as far as it wants to before getting bored or tired". Heck, it could run around in circles for hours.

the ticket agent(s) could be tell their friends before the murder occur

1. What was the cause of Bill and Pam's Mount Everest tragedy?

The exact cause of Bill and Pam's tragedy is still unknown. However, it is believed that they encountered severe weather conditions, lack of oxygen, and exhaustion during their climb, which ultimately led to their deaths.

2. Did Bill and Pam have any previous climbing experience?

Yes, both Bill and Pam were experienced climbers. They had successfully climbed many mountains before attempting to summit Mount Everest.

3. Were there any warning signs before the tragedy occurred?

There were some warning signs, such as bad weather forecasts and reports of avalanches in the area. However, Bill and Pam were determined to reach the summit and may have underestimated the risks.

4. What safety precautions did Bill and Pam take before their climb?

Bill and Pam were well-prepared for their climb and took necessary safety precautions, such as acclimatization training, hiring experienced guides, and carrying proper equipment. However, the extreme conditions on Mount Everest can be unpredictable and even the most experienced climbers can face challenges.

5. Has there been any progress in solving the mystery of Bill and Pam's tragedy?

As of now, there has been no significant progress in solving the mystery of Bill and Pam's tragedy. However, there have been ongoing investigations and discussions about implementing stricter regulations and safety measures for climbers attempting to summit Mount Everest.