Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Music makers looky here

1. Dec 17, 2005 #1

cronxeh

Gold Member

Ok lets start a nice little conversation for amateur or professional producers out there. I'm interesting in Alesis XGuitar - anyone have any experience with it? Particularly I'd like to know the FX editing capability - what exactly can you downlink to it and how do you edit any effects?

Also if anyone used Alesis Micron or Korg Microkorg. I have Reason 3 and MIDI input but I'd like an affordable analog synth. If anyone has any experiences with the hard let me know please

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2005 #2
    I'm an amateur composer.. does that count?

I was wondering - what makes you want an analog synth rather than a digital? Is it the sound quality?

I'm not too experienced with music production myself.

4. Dec 18, 2005 #3

cronxeh

Gold Member

Well the fat analog bass just sounds better. I mean you could play around with effects on digital but its just not the same. But aside from that I just need a MIDI controller, and a combination of the analog synth with MIDI keyboard in one is great.

Although if you are skilled you'll pull it off - listen to Aphex Twin, he uses digital sampler with effects, and his song Come To Daddy sounds very analog but its all digital.

5. Dec 19, 2005 #4

cronxeh

Gold Member

Bump! Come on I need some musician's input

6. Dec 19, 2005 #5
    I'm taking a class in computer music next semester when I'll be using Reason. I hear it's kind of confusing, but a very good program (as many good programs are nowadays).

Um.. yeah. I'd start some conversation but I don't want to change your topic since you asked a question. So as it stands, this is also a *bump*

7. Dec 20, 2005 #6
    Ahh a man with similar taste as me :-)

Analogue really does sound far better than digital...

8. Dec 20, 2005 #7

Lisa!

Gold Member

Sounds like musics isn't popular around here! :frown:

9. Dec 22, 2005 #8
    Although Aphex Twin does do a lot with Digital, he also makes fantasic Analogue Acid.. Ever heard any of the Analogue Bublebath stuff or his new Analord series.. Prolific.. ;-)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?