Music Library Size: 1600+ Songs & 8.1GB

In summary, your music library is fairly large, taking up about 8.1 gigs on your computer. You have a good variety of music, including some old classics, as well as more recent material. You have about 4000 songs on your computer, and may have even more if you don't have duplicates.
rocketboy
How large is your computer music library in terms of songs and the space they take up? I have just under 1600 songs and it takes up about 8.1 gigs, but I know people who have much more than that...a girl I went out with for awhile last year had over 5000 songs on her computer.

Science news on Phys.org
1000+ MP3's and about 3.5 GB (with album art).

Mostly classic Rock & Roll from the 60's and 70's, with some from 80's, and some Jazz, Blues, Zydeco, Classical, Windham Hill, and International.

I have a fairly decent CD collection, too!

I also have my vinyl collection - still. :rolleyes: :cool: :biggrin:

Last edited:
70's rock was amazing...the guitar and bass lines were so much more intricate than the songs of today are, rush, led zeppelin, acdc, pink floyd etc...my dad keeps saying to me "your generation needs some of your own music".

3 gbs, 800+ songs

rocketboy said:
70's rock was amazing...the guitar and bass lines were so much more intricate than the songs of today are, rush, led zeppelin, acdc, pink floyd etc...my dad keeps saying to me "your generation needs some of your own music".

Tell your dad, you've got

Joe Satriani!

Perhaps in the top 5 all time greats on electric guitar, and possibly the best ever technically.

rocketboy said:
good call. I agree, except ac/dc because I just don't like them as much. but there are some bands nowadays that have intricate guitar and bass lines, like primus, the Melvins, Dream Theater (with John Petrucci, and John Myung), John Mclaughlin <-- he recruited this amazing french bassist in 1997, but I can't remember that dude's name, but he's on the level with Jaco Pastoris. Um, you there's more but I can't name them off the top o' my head... does anyone here appreciate Frank Zappa? If you want to try listening to his music, I recommend the album overnight sensation.

oh yeah... I have 17.5 gigs which amounts to about 4000 songs

Last edited:
Zappa is great. I had a college mate who was into Zappa. Zoot Allures is a favorite album. I prefer his instrumental work and some of his improvisational stuff.

Don't forget the Greatful Dead.

As for McLaughlin, he has some really interesting work. He did a trio with Al Dimeola and Paco de Lucia. One of my favorite pieces is Oriental Blue Suite, which is a derivation of Dimeola's Oriental Blue.

I have ~ 80Gig :) Plus numerous boxes of Vinyl, CD's

rocketboy said:

We have our own music... Music is evolving all the time... But Pink Floyd are one of my favs. Its timeless music

34 on my Mp3, All classical.

500 on my comp, all classical.

36 gig (iPod limit is approaching!), and about 250 CD albums.

Astronuc said:
Zappa is great. I had a college mate who was into Zappa. Zoot Allures is a favorite album. I prefer his instrumental work and some of his improvisational stuff.

Don't forget the Greatful Dead.

As for McLaughlin, he has some really interesting work. He did a trio with Al Dimeola and Paco de Lucia. One of my favorite pieces is Oriental Blue Suite, which is a derivation of Dimeola's Oriental Blue.

Cool, I'll have to check that out.

As for Zappa, I've been listening to you can't do that on stage anymore vol.1 and 2... my oh my, there is so much stuff in there that... that... I don't know!

oh yeah... let's not forget Herbie Hancock

Anttech said:
We have our own music... Music is evolving all the time... But Pink Floyd are one of my favs. Its timeless music

The Wall is definitely one of the most incredible albums ever...not only because the music is great but the story it tells...

6,634 MP3s, 30.9 gig. Consists of just about everything, classical, jazz, rock, pop, Plus my CD collection passed 500 cds recently, so if I ever get around to putting all those on my computer...

somewhere around 2800 songs, split between MP3, Ogg vorbis, AAC.

I have 8,019 songs, about 32 Gigs. Probably less. I have my own very organized 10 Gigs, about 2,719 music files, but i recently got 22 Gigs from someone else, so I'm sure there's plenty of duplicates.

Last edited:
WOW Anttech all I can say is that you must have spent a crap load of time ripping your CDs. I thought I spent too much time ripping my CDs, but you have 30 gigs more.

So yeah I have 50 gigs of Mp3s with no videos.

big man said:
WOW Anttech all I can say is that you must have spent a crap load of time ripping your CDs. I thought I spent too much time ripping my CDs, but you have 30 gigs more.

So yeah I have 50 gigs of Mp3s with no videos.

And Vinyl :)

Last edited:
heh, this is what i was doing all weekend. ripped about 200 cd's, got another 75 or so to go and list of about 1200 songs to get from p2p. had about 1000 songs on the computer already. so far 19.6 gig's of mp3's. will be double that when I'm done.

maybe enough to have a good radio station, and my taste is impeccable :wink:

franznietzsche said:
somewhere around 2800 songs, split between MP3, Ogg vorbis, AAC.

I have a few AAC files that I got from a friend and they won't play in Music Match Jukebox...do you know how I can convert them to mp3?

i believe foobar2000 will play all of those formats, that and the flac format seem to be the 'audiophiles' favorite.

1. How many songs are included in the music library?

The music library contains over 1600 songs.

2. How much storage space does the music library take up?

The music library is 8.1GB in size.

3. What genres of music are included in the library?

The music library contains a variety of genres, including pop, rock, hip hop, electronic, and more.

4. Are the songs in the library high quality?

Yes, the songs in the library are all high quality and have been professionally recorded and mastered.

5. Can new songs be added to the library?

Yes, new songs can be added to the library as long as they are in a compatible format and do not exceed the storage space limit.