Music Production: Enjoying the Creative Process

• Music
  • Thread starter prane
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary, Just wondering if anyone else here enjoys producing music? Prane, an electronic music producer, produces some of his music on Apple's Logic software. He is also in a prog rock band and once bought a guitar program that turned out to be for another program. He has never produced any music and is disappointed that he never became good at it. His brother is a muso and uses a software program called Reaper that costs $60. He also uses Komplete, a software synthesizer kit that costs $1000. His hardware synthesizers include a Nord Lead and an Access Virus. He likes to mix different instruments together in his compositions
prane
Just wondering if anyone else here enjoys producing music?

I produce electronic music, using Apple's Logic, some of which can be found here. http://soundcloud.com/prane/everythings-mirrors

Also in a prog rock band :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
I once accidentally bought a guitar program thingy that turned out it was actually for another program. So I bought that one too as I had already gotten the first one. And then it turns out I needed another one, hugely expensive, that I ended up buying as well. I still have not produced any music.

that's a shame you never get into it. It is hugely expensive but it's, in my opinion, one of the most rewarding past times out there

I actually studied composition as an undergraduate, hit me up if you'd like to talk music. I am not as familiar with electronic music as I am with acoustic though. I like to explore applications of math to music theory.

prane said:
that's a shame you never get into it. It is hugely expensive but it's, in my opinion, one of the most rewarding past times out there

I tried to learn the guitar, but I have ADHD and I cannot sit still and teach it to myself. I've tried like twice. And the programs were cool, but when you know zilch about music it makes it pretty tough to even do anything. I didn't even know where to start lol.

I muddle around in Ableton Live but I mostly mix other people's music =)

My brother is quite the muso though, he's recently set himself with a rather nice DAW that didn't cost him the earth. Prevoiusly he used Cubase, then Logic, but he's thrown them both to the four winds and is really enjoying this one for it's simplicity and lower CPU requirements (= more tracks!)

Reaper (DAW ~$60)

along with

Native Instruments Komplete (VSTs ~$1000) This was the pricey part, but there are some incredible software instruments in this kit, it's a real keeper.

and his trusty Nord Lead and Access Virus hardware synthesizers, and a Fender Strat. He churns out some brilliant sounds!

I've played around in FL studio. Never studied music or an instrument other than the compulsory classes early on in school, but its a fun way to be creative on a computer.

Here's some simple compositions I came up with http://soundcloud.com/carrotsnack
I like to mix instruments of different genres.

What is music production?

Music production is the process of creating and recording music. It involves using various techniques, software, and equipment to mix and manipulate sounds to create a final piece of music.

What are the steps involved in music production?

The steps involved in music production vary depending on the individual and their creative process, but generally include songwriting, arranging, recording, editing, mixing, and mastering.

What skills are required for music production?

To be a successful music producer, you need a combination of technical skills, musical knowledge, and creativity. Some important skills include understanding music theory, proficiency in using music production software, and the ability to communicate and collaborate with artists.

How do you stay inspired and creative during the music production process?

There are several ways to stay inspired and creative during the music production process. Some strategies include taking breaks, listening to different genres of music, collaborating with other musicians, and constantly learning and experimenting with new techniques and tools.

What are some common challenges faced during the music production process?

Some common challenges faced during music production include writer's block, technical issues, and creative differences with artists. It is important to have patience, perseverance, and problem-solving skills to overcome these challenges and continue the creative process.