Music You're Ashamed To Admit You Like

• Music
  • Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary: Dolly Parton joke?I also forgot to mention I think Dolly Parton has an exceptionally beautiful voice. I don't own any of her records but if she ever put out a double album entitled The Well-Tempered Brassiere I would by it.Dolly Parton has a really big...boob? :smile:No, that's nihilist.
zoobyshoe
Back when Thriller first came out I loved it. I thought the "Billie Jean" dance was terrific, and I must have watched the zombie video 30 times.

In light of his later weirdness, I am careful not to mention this album as having been among my favorites. In fact, I will deny having just wrote it.

I also have all of Swing Out Sister's albums.
---
When I was in college it got out that one of my professors liked The Carpenters. He'd admitted it to someone. Karen Carpenter's voice did it for him. No one could make sense of it.
---
Worst of all, I guess, is that I like a fair amount of Wagner. I consciously avoid listening to it very often, though, because of the nasty associations. I feel callous if I let myself enjoy it.

Science news on Phys.org
What are you talking about, despite his wako behaivor, Jackson will forever be the king of pop. Thriller is STILL is a great song and music video.

Last edited:
Well, let's go through my 2600+ song collection and see which artists I'll admit too, and which I'll deny to my grave:

Deny:
Nightmare of You
My Chemical Romance

Admit:

Everything else (i'm not going to type all of them out, its 30+ names).

I'm surprised its so few actually.

cyrusabdollahi said:
What are you talking about, despite his wako behaivor, Jackson will forever be the king of pop. Thriller is STILL is a great song and music video.
It's not clear to me why you mention this. I never said I liked Thriller.

franznietzsche said:
Deny:
Nightmare of You
My Chemical Romance
I don't even know what these are, groups or songs. I lack the perspective to know why they might be embarrassing.

Back when Thriller first came out I loved it. I thought the "Billie Jean" dance was terrific, and I must have watched the zombie video 30 times.

I thought you said you loved it?

zoobyshoe said:
Worst of all, I guess, is that I like a fair amount of Wagner.

I've heard that Wagner's music is better than it sounds.

cyrusabdollahi said:

He also said he would deny ever admitting that!:tongue:

zoobyshoe said:
I don't even know what these are, groups or songs. I lack the perspective to know why they might be embarrassing.

Its the kind of normal trashy music normal people listen to. It actually makes me feel guilty to listen to it.

Math Is Hard said:

Wagner is awesome. And then he sucked. Bonus points for getting it.

cyrusabdollahi said:
I'm sure I never said any such thing.

Math Is Hard said:
Yeah, no one who authentically appreciates it pays attention to how it sounds.

Math Is Hard said:
He also said he would deny ever admitting that!:tongue:
So, what're you going to admit to that you can later deny?

franznietzsche said:
Its the kind of normal trashy music normal people listen to. It actually makes me feel guilty to listen to it.
Put some of it on now, and photograph yourself. I want to see what you look like guilty.

zoobyshoe said:
Put some of it on now, and photograph yourself. I want to see what you look like guilty.

Are you coming on to me?

I have no shame; but if I had had it, I would be ashamed of liking "Barbie Girl" by Aqua, AbbA and Village People. :smile:

franznietzsche said:
Are you coming on to me?
Shut up, Dude. I never said I liked Thriller!

Oh, Thriller is a nice one!

zoobyshoe said:
Shut up, Dude. I never said I liked Thriller!

Then why are you hitting on me?

arildno said:
I have no shame; but if I had had it, I would be ashamed of liking "Barbie Girl" by Aqua, AbbA and Village People. :smile:
I've never heard it, but I can tell from the title it would have to be wicked embarrassing to realize you like it.

franznietzsche said:
Then why are you hitting on me?
Demented German Philosopher named narcisist!

I also forgot to mention I think Dolly Parton has an exceptionally beautiful voice. I don't own any of her records but if she ever put out a double album entitled The Well-Tempered Brassiere I would by it.

zoobyshoe said:
Demented German Philosopher named narcisist!

No, that's nihilist.

zoobyshoe said:
I also forgot to mention I think Dolly Parton has an exceptionally beautiful voice. I don't own any of her records but if she ever put out a double album entitled The Well-Tempered Brassiere I would by it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bach/boob jokes make me laugh.

franznietzsche said:
Bach/boob jokes make me laugh.
There are other Bach/boob jokes? Dolly's are the only two I know.

zoobyshoe said:
There are other Bach/boob jokes? Dolly's are the only two I know.

What's the other Dolly one?

franznietzsche said:
What's the other Dolly one?
I was referring to both her boobs.

Ashamed? hell no. Robbie Williams, a couple of Christiana Aguilera songs are the ones I'm most likely to be laughed at for admitting to though.

And that wasen't me with the floppy hat and sun glasses at the Muppets show.

Last edited:
I love Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen as done by Bugs Bunny & Elmer Fudd. Ride of the Valkeries "Kill the wabbit" is my favorite.

Bobby Goldsboro's "Honey". My sister ragged on me endlessly when I bought that - I wouldn't even have realized it was embarrassing if not for her (she was always so helpful, like that :frown: ).

Songs I like to sing in the house (just for annoyance value, mind you) that I would never admit even knowing to outsiders include "Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head" (great song to sing while flicking water from your hands onto your kids - they just hated that) and Bob Dylan's "Isis".

hypatia said:
And that wasen't me with the floppy hat and sun glasses at the Muppets show.
No, the Yanni was much more embarrasing.

Evo said:
I love Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen as done by Bugs Bunny & Elmer Fudd. Ride of the Valkeries "Kill the wabbit" is my favorite.
Where's the shame here? Fess up. Don't you like the song Feelings or something?

BobG said:
Bobby Goldsboro's "Honey". My sister ragged on me endlessly when I bought that - I wouldn't even have realized it was embarrassing if not for her (she was always so helpful, like that :frown: ).
Yeah, "Honey" is pretty bad. What your sister was doing, that's called an "intervention."

I love Yanni.

I listen to Eminem and the Spice Girls when I work out. I mean, not together, though - sometimes Eminem, and then other times Spice Girls.

Busted rock. Well, they did. And so do Atomic Kitten. Mmmm. And Scatman John...

Evo said:
I love Yanni.
How many albums you have?

Math Is Hard said:
I listen to Eminem and the Spice Girls when I work out. I mean, not together, though - sometimes Eminem, and then other times Spice Girls.
Hmmmm...not sure if exercise music counts.

I just thought of another one: there are about 5 Duran Duran songs I really like. I picked up a few of their albums at the swap meet looking for more good ones, but was very disapointed.

brewnog said:
Busted rock. Well, they did. And so do Atomic Kitten. Mmmm. And Scatman John...
Hey, brewnog!

I've never heard of any of those, unfortunately, and can't gage their embarrassment factor.

Last edited:
Evo said:
I love Yanni.
Did you know Yanni eats with his fork in his left hand?