Must one suffer to become an adult?

This thread became very strange.

Evo
Mentor
Esperanto, you seem to have suffered from the mistakes of the adults who were supposed to be caring for you. If this is the case, is there any possibility for you to talk to someone you trust about it? Being able to vent to an understanding person can be good.

It's amazing how badly parents can mess up their children's lives. I see it all the time.

Thanks for showing concern about me, my parents are definitely not abusive and they try to be as parental as they can. Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse are the best.

A long time ago I used to be articulate. You think I listened when they told me to stick with lemonade? Hahahaha-snort. I'm going to stop arguing, I'm sounding annoying as hell. But one thing I think all of us can agree on is that the values society instills in us sucks.

Evo
Mentor
Parents don't have to be abusive to mess up their kids. :frown: Even being overprotective of a child can be harmful.

Some parents that think they are doing what is best for their child are doing the most damage. One of my daughter's best friends is a bit rebelious, but he is really a good kid. He's brilliant academically. To make a long story short, his parents, certain it was the right thing to do, have had him arrested several times. First when they found marijuana in his room, the second time when he got mad at his father and broke an extremely rare, valuable vase, the third time when he ran away (to a friend's house down the street) because they were going to send him back to military school. The fourth time when they found marijuana in the house again after he returned from military school, it was actually his sister's, but his parent's didn't believe him because his sister "can do no wrong". His parents believe that having the poor kid arrested everytime he does something they can't handle is "saving" him from going wrong. Yeah.

Last edited: