[MUST READ] This forum is not for homework or any textbook-style questions.

In summary, all homework or textbook-style problems should be posted in the Homework & Coursework Questions forums, even if they are for independent study. It is important to read the section on "Homework Help" in the PF Global Guidelines before posting. Members are advised to report any misplaced posts and responses to such posts may be deleted.
Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Please post any and all homework or other textbook-style problems in one of the Homework & Coursework Questions forums, whether the problem is part of one's assigned coursework or just independent study. And, before posting, read the section entitled "Homework Help" in the PF Global Guidelines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Please note that all homework/coursework-TYPE questions must be posted in the HW/Coursework forum, not in this this forum. This is applicable even if your question is not officially from a HW/Coursework, and you are just doing this for your own study, or for someone else.

To the rest of the members, please report such type of misplaced posts. If you are responding to it, please note that there is a good chance that that thread, and your response, will be deleted.

1. What is the purpose of this forum?

The purpose of this forum is to discuss scientific topics and research, share information and ideas, and engage in scientific discussions and debates. It is not intended for homework help or textbook-style questions.

2. Can I ask for help with my homework or textbook questions?

No, this forum is not for homework or textbook-style questions. It is meant for scientific discussions and debates among professionals and enthusiasts.

3. Why are homework and textbook questions not allowed on this forum?

Homework and textbook questions do not promote critical thinking and scientific inquiry, which are the main goals of this forum. Additionally, providing answers to homework questions goes against the academic integrity of students and can hinder their learning and understanding of the subject.

4. Can I ask for clarification on a scientific concept or theory?

Yes, you can ask for clarification on scientific concepts or theories, as long as it is not a direct homework or textbook question. This forum is a great place to seek additional information and perspectives on scientific ideas and theories.

5. What should I do if I have a question that is not appropriate for this forum?

If you have a question that is not appropriate for this forum, you can try searching for answers on reputable scientific websites or reaching out to a scientific community or expert for assistance. You can also consider seeking help from a tutor or teacher if it is related to your studies.