1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My academic story

1. Aug 5, 2010 #1
    Hi I'm new to the forums. I've been reading a lot of the threads on this forum to help me decide what paths I should take and I've benefited enough to decide to join! Thanks everyone for your helpful advice. I've been battling which majors I should take for a long time, Very recently I switched back from a physics major to a biochemistry major. Even though I don't really like chemistry I really like biology but I also want to have a strong background in physics and math. So I felt like Biochemistry was the easiest way to combine all these interests (I'm planning in being a math minor too). I took a year of physics and although I didn't find the subject uninteresting I didn't find myself interested enough to major in it. Like I said I feel like I am interested in it only as background material. Nevetheless I would like to take quantum mechanics and physical chemistry as I find myself interested in these subjects. I also hope to take some ecology and evolution classes because I am interested in molecular evolution and finding and applying math to biology. I will probably have to stay another year at college to accomodate my switch but I ultimately decided it was worth it. Anyway I felt like telling everyone my plight. THanks again for your unknowing help

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted