My boss got me another Honey Baked Ham Gift Certificate this year.

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Year
In summary: I couldn't even finish it. In summary, the Honey Baked Ham is a delicious and inexpensive option for a Thanksgiving meal. The ham has a hard crust around it, I guess it is caramel. It is spiral cut and the thing is DELICIOUS. The stores are open again you know.
tribdog
I actually got the ham this year, well only half a ham. Ready for the price tag? $59.42 Took a healthy chunk out of my $60 certificate. The ham has a hard crust around it, I guess it is caramel. It is spiral cut and the thing is DELICIOUS. Damn it's good. Why didn't anyone tell me about this stuff before. I'm going to go get me another piece.

Physics news on Phys.org
screw the homeless

You know what this means? I've held a job for over a year straight. celebrate

Can I have some please? I'm hungry. :frown:

All I have is a quarter of a loaf of 5 day old bread and some braunschweiger.

I'll trade. :uhh:

braunschweiger- what the hell is that?

Cosmo16 said:
liver sausage. Actually more like a soft liver paste.

Want some? :uhh:

I'll pass on it

call it pate'. it sounds more delicious, and it probably has more brandy in it.

mathwonk said:
call it pate'. it sounds more delicious, and it probably has more brandy in it.
Ah yes, it's all in the description. Some brandy would definitely make it more palatable. :approve:

Evo said:
Can I have some please? I'm hungry. :frown:
All I have is a quarter of a loaf of 5 day old bread and some braunschweiger.
The stores are open again you know. That was just for one day.

zoobyshoe said:
The stores are open again you know. That was just for one day.
It was, you're sure? <sniff> I can stop eating this now? :redface:

Last night I used Honey Baked Ham left overs in some fettucini alfredo. It was pretty good.

Where do you work?

My girlfriend and I got a 9 1/2 lb Honey Baked Ham for about $40 around Thanksgiving time. I thought it was actually quite a deal. We ate it for more than a week.

- Warren

Cosmo16 said:
Aaaacckk! :yuck:

When I lived at home, we could buy our own lunch (if we had a job) or we could make braunschweiger sandwiches and take our lunch to school. We got $1.25 to supplement it, either way.

Suffice it to say that two things came of that:

1) We all got jobs in high school (I even had a paper route when I was in junior high)

2) The seven kids in our family wound up living in seven different states and none of them lingered about living at home as an adult.

chroot said:
My girlfriend and I got a 9 1/2 lb Honey Baked Ham for about $40 around Thanksgiving time. I thought it was actually quite a deal. We ate it for more than a week.

- Warren

I picked up a ~12 pound smoked ham and roasted it myself. Basted with red wine, coke, soy sauce and maple syrup, then crusted it with brown mustard, brown sugar, rum and ginger snaps (modified Alton Brown recipe). All told it cost about $13 for the ham and $2.50 for the gingersnaps, everything else was lying around the kitchen. Plus I've got a nice bone for split pea soup, heck of a deal.

DocToxyn said:
I picked up a ~12 pound smoked ham and roasted it myself. Basted with red wine, coke, soy sauce and maple syrup, then crusted it with brown mustard, brown sugar, rum and ginger snaps (modified Alton Brown recipe). All told it cost about $13 for the ham and $2.50 for the gingersnaps, everything else was lying around the kitchen. Plus I've got a nice bone for split pea soup, heck of a deal.
:bugeye: I've got to try that some time!

I wonder why Honey Baked Ham is so expensive where you are? I thought of you a few days ago when I heard they were having a special at the Honey Baked Ham near here...a whole meal...the ham plus side dishes...for $40. They didn't say how many servings though. :uhh:

I suppose that crispy outside is...honey. :biggrin:

I'm not fond of sweet ham, so would probably go more for something like DocToxyn's recipe, minus the maple syrup and ginger snaps.

Evo said:
liver sausage. Actually more like a soft liver paste.
Want some? :uhh:
AKA liverworst, I always wondered how or why someone would eat something that claimed to be worst??

Integral said:
AKA liverworst, I always wondered how or why someone would eat something that claimed to be worst??
Wurst is good. :wink: with enough brandy *hic* :approve:

Integral said:
:yuck: I don't know how people can eat that. I once had a cracker that someone had put some pate on (it was on a tray of crackers with different toppings set out at a party)...I never had pate before, so thought I would try the tiny piece on the cracker. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: It was very, very, very difficult to keep chewing and try to hide the disgust on my face as I forced myself to swallow it (if people are going to serve liver, they should have a dog to feed under the table!) It didn't taste much different from the liverwurst my mom tried feeding me when I was a kid. :yuck: I don't know how she could eat that stuff or think she could pawn it off on a child.

You know what is really good? those geese that they raise in tiny boxes and force feed bread to them. the pate made from their livers melts in your mouth. Yes I know what the pate is called, but I don't know how to spell it. I'll take a shot though 'foie gras' It is so good I no longer care about the geese.

tribdog said:
You know what is really good? those geese that they raise in tiny boxes and force feed bread to them. the pate made from their livers melts in your mouth. Yes I know what the pate is called, but I don't know how to spell it. I'll take a shot though 'foie gras' It is so good I no longer care about the geese.
It's foie gras. That's why I eat braunschweiger. :devil:

I don't eat veal either. :cry:

I'll eat veal, not so much for the flavor though, I just like pissing off PETA

1. What is a Honey Baked Ham Gift Certificate?

A Honey Baked Ham Gift Certificate is a gift card or voucher that can be redeemed at Honey Baked Ham stores for a variety of products, including their signature glazed ham.

2. How does someone receive a Honey Baked Ham Gift Certificate?

A Honey Baked Ham Gift Certificate can be received as a gift from someone else, or it can be purchased directly from a Honey Baked Ham store or their website.

3. Can the Honey Baked Ham Gift Certificate be used online?

Yes, the Honey Baked Ham Gift Certificate can be used for online purchases on their website. It can also be used in-store.

4. Is there an expiration date for the Honey Baked Ham Gift Certificate?

The expiration date for a Honey Baked Ham Gift Certificate varies, depending on the state it was purchased in. Some states do not allow expiration dates, while others may have a specific timeframe for the certificate to be used.

5. Are there any restrictions on using the Honey Baked Ham Gift Certificate?

The only restriction for using a Honey Baked Ham Gift Certificate is that it can only be redeemed at Honey Baked Ham stores and their website. It cannot be used at other retailers or for non-Honey Baked Ham products.