Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My brand new laptop

1. Feb 10, 2006 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Well it is second hand from E Bay, It is so cool being able to sit by the fire
    and be on the internet, It is a Dell Latitude and cost me 103 quid, not sure if
    that is good or not but it was the cheapest i could find.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 10, 2006 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Well it is second hand, but that is a pretty good deal, especially if one is mostly using it to browse the internet. Does it have wireless networking capability?

4. Feb 10, 2006 #3

wolram

Gold Member

Hi Astro, yes Kia has just set that all up, i can pull files from my desk top
    and all sorts of stuff.

5. Feb 10, 2006 #4

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

It doesn't dot your i's, nor cross your t's, though. Just mentioning it.

6. Feb 10, 2006 #5

wolram

Gold Member

I guess it will not make my spelling any better either :smile:

7. Feb 10, 2006 #6

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Unpanicked and unruffled by my devious lie..:frown:
    I must do better next time.

8. Feb 10, 2006 #7

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Yey Wolram. Cool! Yes, Kia did mention that she was setting something up, just before you arrived back in PF. :approve:

9. Feb 10, 2006 #8

wolram

Gold Member

That is all her own stuff she was refering to, she has a room full of servers
    and computers, it is like walking into the control room of NASA when you enter her computer room.
    It only took her a couple of hours to set my little net work up, such a brainy
    girl, i just do not know where she gets it from.

10. Feb 10, 2006 #9
    I also bought a Latitude from eBay about a year ago. I've since then resold it but it was a nice laptop for everyday use. I installed XP at first but then later put on 2000 Pro. It's an older laptop but no use in spending $1000 for a brand new one if you'd just like to enjoy wireless networking!

11. Feb 10, 2006 #10

GCT

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

i had recently bought a labtop from ebay, 300+ for Dell latitude pentium III 1000Mhz processor etc...when I got it, it was loaded with spyware, or perhaps intentionally rigged with it, I won't mention the name of the company at this time, perhaps later. If you're a student, don't buy computers from ebay.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?