My Campaign for Mentorhood

  • #1
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
1,782
5
I haven't worked out my platform yet, but my first promise to you, the people of PF, should I be selected as a mentor, is to ban any member upon their own request. I noticed in smurf's sociology paper thread that there are many members who wish to be banned but are too polite to blatantly violate our forum rules. I can assure you that I would be sensitive to the needs of all of our constituency, not just the rude and ignorant, and ban any member, regardless of whether or not that member actually broke any rules.
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
369
3
you little bugger!

You're totally scamming my idea!
 
  • #3
221
0
loseyourname said:
I haven't worked out my platform yet, but my first promise to you, the people of PF, should I be selected as a mentor, is to ban any member upon their own request. I noticed in smurf's sociology paper thread that there are many members who wish to be banned but are too polite to blatantly violate our forum rules. I can assure you that I would be sensitive to the needs of all of our constituency, not just the rude and ignorant, and ban any member, regardless of whether or not that member actually broke any rules.

These mods are just plain heartless....they don't care about my grades at all.
 
  • #4
Pengwuino
Gold Member
5,009
16
Yah there all evil. I had a tooth ache and all they cared about was taking my chocolates! :mad: :mad: :mad:
 
  • #5
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
1,782
5
Smurf said:
you little bugger!
You're totally scamming my idea!

Contrarily, my fellow PFer, I began this campaign specifically to serve the needs that you highlighted as being something you want that is currently lacking in the system. I am doing this for you and I promise that, if selected, I will always serve the needs of the people of PF, wherever and however they may be voiced.
 
  • #6
Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
1,807
10
So this is sort af a "friendly despot" sort of thing?

Would I get a warning for saying that?
 
  • #7
Diane_
Homework Helper
390
1
Hmm. So, you'll ban people who say they want to be banned whether you have reason or not? Would the corollary then be that you will not ban those who say they do not want to be banned? Would we then be allowed to post off-topic in any forum we wish, give complete solutions at the first crack in the homework forums, eat crackers in bed, and never wash behind our ears? Promise that, and I think your victory would be assured!
 
  • #8
Mk
2,001
3
loseyourname said:
I haven't worked out my platform yet, but my first promise to you, the people of PF, should I be selected as a mentor, is to ban any member upon their own request. I noticed in smurf's sociology paper thread that there are many members who wish to be banned but are too polite to blatantly violate our forum rules. I can assure you that I would be sensitive to the needs of all of our constituency, not just the rude and ignorant, and ban any member, regardless of whether or not that member actually broke any rules.
That really is a good idea :smile: I know that PF sometimes distracts me from things... But what if one suddenly needs PF, to finish? Or if one has physics homework? Or needs to do a survey? Or use the bio or sociology or history or cosmology or engineering or tech forums?

And people will also be making excuses like that so they can chat... ah ha! "Banners" will only ban people from GD! That was probably your original thought, but yeah. Its a good idea!!!

I think loseyourname is a very respectable, dedicated member that is certainly around enough to do a good job.
 
  • #9
1,090
6
You have my vote!!! I think maybe a ban from everywhere but the homework section would probably be the best idea.
 
  • #10
Evo
Mentor
23,531
3,145
I'll vote for you LYN.

Gee, if you guys want to be banned, why didn't you just ask?

OK, I have invalidated all GOOBF cards. WATCH OUT!!!!! :devil:
 
  • #11
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,558
53
Evo said:
I'll vote for you LYN.
Gee, if you guys want to be banned, why didn't you just ask?
OK, I have invalidated all GOOBF cards. WATCH OUT!!!!! :devil:
All the better anyway, I need them to burn to stay warm with all this mucky snow around. :tongue:

Yes, I do believe we need a despot or two around; it makes the rest of us look extremely benevolent by comparison. We'll be revered as goddesses, Evo! :biggrin: :uhh: Wait, we already are, right? Right?!
 
  • #12
301
0
Evo said:
I'll vote for you LYN.
Gee, if you guys want to be banned, why didn't you just ask?
OK, I have invalidated all GOOBF cards. WATCH OUT!!!!! :devil:
WAIT!!!!

I have two, and I don't want to be banned!!!! And I don't have any stinking term papers to write, or grades to worry about.... No Evo, no!!

:surprised
 
  • #13
Evo
Mentor
23,531
3,145
Sorry, I've already written a program that will be automatically banning random members for the next few weeks. I thought it might be fun to start a thread "who's going to be banned next?" :biggrin: Every time you guess correctly, your name is exempt for the next 24 hours.

Of course a large shipment of dark chocolate might get your name permanently removed from the list. o:)
 
  • #14
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
4,566
32
Evo said:
Sorry, I've already written a program that will be automatically banning random members for the next few weeks. I thought it might be fun to start a thread "who's going to be banned next?" :biggrin: Every time you guess correctly, your name is exempt for the next 24 hours.
Ooh, it's like a reality show! I'll call Fox network.
Evo said:
Of course a large shipment of dark chocolate might get your name permanently removed from the list. o:)
Say, do you mind if I just leave this dark chocolate fountain here with you, Evo?
I really don't have room for it at my place. :wink:
http://www.chocolatefountainsoftennessee.com/images/highres/SephraFlames.jpg [Broken]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #15
Evo
Mentor
23,531
3,145
Ooooh, looks like MIH is exempt. :approve: :biggrin:
 
  • #16
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
1,782
5
pattylou said:
WAIT!!!!
I have two, and I don't want to be banned!!!! And I don't have any stinking term papers to write, or grades to worry about.... No Evo, no!!
:surprised

So you don't give your students grades and don't have them write papers?
 
  • #17
301
0
I'm not teaching at the moment. :biggrin: Occasional subbing, no grading, life is good. :smile: :smile:
 
  • #18
Janus
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
3,705
1,624
Pengwuino said:
Yah there all evil. I had a tooth ache and all they cared about was taking my chocolates! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Excuse me? I simply offered a possible explanation for your tooth pain.
I made no attempt to talk you out of your precious chocolate. (And this of course had nothing to do with the fact that, for medical reasons, I am no longer supposed to eat chocolate . :uhh:)
 

Related Threads on My Campaign for Mentorhood

Replies
22
Views
5K
M
  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
4
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
14
Views
2K
  • Last Post
3
Replies
59
Views
5K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
31
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
7
Views
2K
Replies
30
Views
4K
Replies
12
Views
2K
Replies
13
Views
2K
Top