Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My cat ran away

1. Jun 23, 2005 #1

JamesU

Gold Member

she's been gone since sunday and our neighborhood looks like it rained flyers because they're everywhere! Her friend, another cat, has been outside our house meowing since she left. my cat picked the one day to run off when a bobcat and cyote were sighted. I hope she's all right...

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2005 #2
    Awwww... I'm sorry Yomamma. That really sucks.
    I hope she'll be ok too.

4. Jun 23, 2005 #3

Lisa!

Gold Member

maybe as you said she's chasing my bird! :wink:

5. Jun 23, 2005 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:frown: I'm sorry yomamma. There is still hope. Sometimes they can get stuck in a tree, or a garage... One of our cats had gotten stuck in an empty house disappeared for ten days. When I was a kid, we had one disappear for two weeks! It was stuck in a wood shed full of mice. So it may be worth checking around the area for any place where she could be trapped or hiding. Also, check the shelters.

6. Jun 23, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Or she could have another family that takes her in when she gets tired of you throwing her off the computer...maybe that's why she's so fat, she gets fed by two families. Cats are sneaky that way.

Seriously, I hope she's okay. Sorry to hear that. It's hard when our furry friends disappear like that. :frown:

7. Jun 23, 2005 #6

JamesU

Gold Member

no, she's afraid of birds...

8. Jun 23, 2005 #7

Lisa!

Gold Member

Maybe she's got a boyfriend and they run away with each other :wink: don't worry!(I hope he won't be a bad guy!)

9. Jun 23, 2005 #8

JamesU

Gold Member

she's done that before. that's what we're thinking is what happened to her

10. Jun 23, 2005 #9
    I hope she's ok too.
    I saw a coyote just the other night, just 3 blocks away from my home. It really startled me, because I live in the city.

11. Jun 23, 2005 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm sorry, yomamma. I hope she is OK. If it's of any comfort, I've had cats disappear for as long as three weeks. They usually just waltz back in one day like nothing ever happened.

Evo's cat, Foofer takes off on long jaunts as well. We suspect he has a possum smuggling business in Mexico. (it's a long story)

12. Jun 23, 2005 #11

JamesU

Gold Member

the only reason that I think she might be hurt is because everyday, it's been at least 105 degrees. and since she left, we've had, cyotes, storms, rain, wind gusts, and she's afraid of everything

13. Jun 23, 2005 #12

Lisa!

Gold Member

None of them couldn't hurt her more than you!So don't worry!

14. Jun 23, 2005 #13

JamesU

Gold Member

just because I throw my cat does not mean I hurt her.

besides, I have a friend who treats his cat like a moonbear experament. that cat has been through evverything

15. Jun 23, 2005 #14

Janus

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Have you filed a lost pet report with your local animal shelter? Call the humane society and they should have a list of other places you might want to contact(some areas have animal rescue hospitals where someone might take an hurt pet.) Be sure to post flyers at any local vets.

Visit the local animal shelter every two to three days and check out the cats that have been forund and turned in. Even if you've turned in a lost pet report, it is best to check in person as you now your pet best.

Don't give up hope. Our cat went missing for over three weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. He showed back up two days before Christmas; Thin and hungry, but otherwise okay.

16. Jun 23, 2005 #15

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Why don't you just go and buy a new one?

17. Jun 23, 2005 #16
    Ooh thats harsh!

18. Jun 23, 2005 #17

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If I lose my watch, I buy a new one. If I lose my shoes, I buy a new pair. How is a cat any different? You can probably even get one the same size and colour and everything!

19. Jun 23, 2005 #18

JamesU

Gold Member

hmmm......

20. Jun 23, 2005 #19

Evo

Staff: Mentor

It's worse than I thought, yesterday I found a large amount of pesos and a photo of a possum with the caption "check out that tail!" under his cat box. :bugeye:

yomamma, I was hoping your cat would be back by now, but seriously, they can disappear for weeks and then show up like nothing happened. :grumpy:

21. Jun 23, 2005 #20

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

oh dear! I guess he'll never change his ways!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?