Missing Cat: Neighborhood Search Since Sunday

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
In summary, her cat has been gone since Sunday and her neighborhood has been covered in flyers because every cat has been reported as lost. Her friend, another cat, has been outside our house meowing since she left. My cat picked the one day to run off when a bobcat and coyote were sighted. I hope she is all right.
JamesU
Gold Member
she's been gone since sunday and our neighborhood looks like it rained flyers because they're everywhere! Her friend, another cat, has been outside our house meowing since she left. my cat picked the one day to run off when a bobcat and cyote were sighted. I hope she's all right...

Physics news on Phys.org
Awwww... I'm sorry Yomamma. That really sucks.
I hope she'll be ok too.

yomamma said:
she's been gone since sunday and our neighborhood looks like it rained flyers because they're everywhere! Her friend, another cat, has been outside our house meowing since she left. my cat picked the one day to run off when a bobcat and cyote were sighted. I hope she's all right...
maybe as you said she's chasing my bird! :wink:

yomamma said:

:frown: I'm sorry yomamma. There is still hope. Sometimes they can get stuck in a tree, or a garage... One of our cats had gotten stuck in an empty house disappeared for ten days. When I was a kid, we had one disappear for two weeks! It was stuck in a wood shed full of mice. So it may be worth checking around the area for any place where she could be trapped or hiding. Also, check the shelters.

Or she could have another family that takes her in when she gets tired of you throwing her off the computer...maybe that's why she's so fat, she gets fed by two families. Cats are sneaky that way.

Seriously, I hope she's okay. Sorry to hear that. It's hard when our furry friends disappear like that. :frown:

Lisa! said:
maybe as you said she's chasing my bird! :wink:
no, she's afraid of birds...

Maybe she's got a boyfriend and they run away with each other :wink: don't worry!(I hope he won't be a bad guy!)

Moonbear said:
Or she could have another family
she's done that before. that's what we're thinking is what happened to her

I hope she's ok too.
I saw a coyote just the other night, just 3 blocks away from my home. It really startled me, because I live in the city.

I'm sorry, yomamma. I hope she is OK. If it's of any comfort, I've had cats disappear for as long as three weeks. They usually just waltz back in one day like nothing ever happened.

Evo's cat, Foofer takes off on long jaunts as well. We suspect he has a possum smuggling business in Mexico. (it's a long story)

the only reason that I think she might be hurt is because everyday, it's been at least 105 degrees. and since she left, we've had, cyotes, storms, rain, wind gusts, and she's afraid of everything

None of them couldn't hurt her more than you!So don't worry!

just because I throw my cat does not mean I hurt her.

besides, I have a friend who treats his cat like a moonbear experament. that cat has been through evverything

yomamma said:

Have you filed a lost pet report with your local animal shelter? Call the humane society and they should have a list of other places you might want to contact(some areas have animal rescue hospitals where someone might take an hurt pet.) Be sure to post flyers at any local vets.

Visit the local animal shelter every two to three days and check out the cats that have been forund and turned in. Even if you've turned in a lost pet report, it is best to check in person as you now your pet best.

Don't give up hope. Our cat went missing for over three weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. He showed back up two days before Christmas; Thin and hungry, but otherwise okay.

Why don't you just go and buy a new one?

brewnog said:

Ooh that's harsh!

Adrian Baker said:
Ooh that's harsh!

If I lose my watch, I buy a new one. If I lose my shoes, I buy a new pair. How is a cat any different? You can probably even get one the same size and colour and everything!

brewnog said:
If I lose my watch, I buy a new one. If I lose my shoes, I buy a new pair. How is a cat any different? You can probably even get one the same size and colour and everything!
hmmm...

Math Is Hard said:
Evo's cat, Foofer takes off on long jaunts as well. We suspect he has a possum smuggling business in Mexico. (it's a long story)
It's worse than I thought, yesterday I found a large amount of pesos and a photo of a possum with the caption "check out that tail!" under his cat box. :bugeye:

yomamma, I was hoping your cat would be back by now, but seriously, they can disappear for weeks and then show up like nothing happened. :grumpy:

Evo said:
It's worse than I thought, yesterday I found a large amount of pesos and a photo of a possum with the caption "check out that tail!" under his cat box. :bugeye:
oh dear! I guess he'll never change his ways!

Math Is Hard said:
oh dear! I guess he'll never change his ways!
your new avatar would be the perfect smiley to reply with...

but since it's not a smiley...

:rolleyes:

brewnog said:
:rofl: :rofl: Oh my God!I can't stop laughing!and I was about to forget it then I read:
If I lose my watch,I buy a new one...You can probably even get one the same size and colour and everything!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You're really wise!

Last edited:
brewnog said:
You don't buy cats! They're being given away free all over the place. But they pick their owners, not the other way around. :rofl: I take it brewnog is not a huge cat lover. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
You don't buy cats! They're being given away free all over the place. But they pick their owners, not the other way around. :rofl: I take it brewnog is not a huge cat lover. :biggrin:
:rofl: I think they have more athourity than human!so why don't they go to the hell? "maybe because lots of cat lovers are in heaven and they ask God to send them to heaven!"

I take it brewnog is not a huge cat lover.
I don't think his suggestion is because of that.He's a wise person who can find good solutions to problems!JUst imagine someone would tell him "My wife wants to leave me or my child has lost!" :rofl:

Lisa said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You're really wise!

Easily pleased... :smile:

Moonbear said:

Nah cats are ok, especially when they're stupid tiny little kittie witties who don't yet understand the laws of physics. I was just trying to make yomamma see that there's plenty more, urm, fish in the, urm, sea. :smile:

Lisa! said:
He's a wise person who can find good solutions to problems!

Hmmm.....

brewnog said:
Nah cats are ok, especially when they're stupid tiny little kittie witties who don't yet understand the laws of physics.
These stupid cats are using physics laws better than human.have you noticed when they fall from a high building, they don't get hurt?!and anyway they know how to win humans' hearts included physicist,engineering,psychlogist and then drive them crazy :grumpy:

Hmmm.....
not serious now butI think you'd better visit a psychologist as soon as possible because I'm afraid you'll suffer from schizophreni in the future like yomamma or Atric fox!(they think they're Klusener!)

Lisa! said:
not serious now butI think you'd better visit a psychologist as soon as possible because I'm afraid you'll suffer from schizophreni in the future like yomamma or Atric fox!(they think they're Klusener!)
hmmm...

yomamma said:
hmmm...
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=79028&page=25&pp=15 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm...

Cats need to go on adventures sometimes. I'm sure your cat is having a great voyage of self discovery. Perhaps she has gone to London to visit the queen. My cat went missing for a whole year once and when she got back she was all wild and hardcore and she wouldn't eat her food unless I jiggled it around and made small furry mammal noises.

icvotria said:
I jiggled it around and made small furry mammal noises.
This is a talent that shouldn't be wasted on a cat. Have you applied for work at the Clinic?

:bugeye: Did I say that?! Put it back in context! :yuck:

icvotria said:
Cats need to go on adventures sometimes. I'm sure your cat is having a great voyage of self discovery. Perhaps she has gone to London to visit the queen. My cat went missing for a whole year once and when she got back she was all wild and hardcore and she wouldn't eat her food unless I jiggled it around and made small furry mammal noises.
That could be right esp. if she would get a rich boyfriend.

icvotria said:
Put it back in context! :yuck:
What, and ruin a perfectly good fantasy?

Danger said:
What, and ruin a perfectly good fantasy?
No just save your life :wink: