1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My chances at these european grad schools

1. Apr 24, 2007 #1
    I'm currently in the second year of my bachelor degree (three years) in physics (in Hungary) and I'm starting to look for a school, where I could continue my studies and get the master degree. I'm mostly interested in mathematical and theoretical physics.

I've found following universities very interesting, regarding their programmes and reputation:

LMU Munich
    ETHZ Zurich
    University of Vienna
    Imperial college london
    Cambridge
    Oxford

My situation is:

The good things:
    I have (sofar) a GPA of 4.0 (out of 4.0) I'm doing research in condensed matter theory and I think I can get good letters of recomendation from my professors

The bad (?) things:
    Before I started studying physics I was studying EE for 1 year, but I didn't like the school so I decided to leave it and study physics (from the first year);
    I wasn't on any summerschool or REU or anything like that and I also don't have any special extracurricular activities (like student parliament or something like that)

What do you think my chances are at these schools? Does anybody here have an experience with some of these schools?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted