My Chili a Hit with 10 at Day Center

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, a group of three people used a recipe to cook chili for ten individuals at a day center. The chili was well received, although it was not very spicy to cater to everyone's tastes. Next week, they plan to cook a ruby mury curry and hope it will be just as well received. One person mentions making chili with smoked paprika and bacon for a smoky flavor and mild spiciness. They also mention not including beans in the chili and receiving positive feedback. They plan to try using smoked paprika in their chili recipe and make two batches with different levels of spiciness. Another person expresses interest in trying the chili.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I and two others used my recipe to cook a chili for ten people at the day center, every one said how nice it was, of course we had to cater for all tastes so it was not very hot taste wise.
Next week we are cooking a ruby mury, curry, i only hope that goes down as well.

Physics news on Phys.org
Nice! Did you have beans in it?

I made some chili not too long ago with lots of smoked paprika and bacon. It gives a pleasant smoky flavor, with a little bit of hotness but not too much. Too much would drown out the smoky-ness.

lisab said:
Nice! Did you have beans in it?

I made some chili not too long ago with lots of smoked paprika and bacon. It gives a pleasant smoky flavor, with a little bit of hotness but not too much. Too much would drown out the smoky-ness.

No, no beans just, peppers, minced meat, tomatoes and onion. I love smoked paprika, i shall have to give it a try.

Sounds delicious, when is dinner ready? :tongue2:

Good deal, Woolie! If I have to cook for wimps, I'll make two smaller batches, so that I can have some chili that is appropriately spicy.

wolram said:
No, no beans just, peppers, minced meat, tomatoes and onion. I love smoked paprika, I shall have to give it a try.
oooh, "real Chili"!

That sounds great wooly ram! I'd love to try your chili.

1. What ingredients are in your chili?

The ingredients in my chili include ground beef, tomatoes, kidney beans, onions, bell peppers, and various spices such as chili powder and cumin.

2. Is your chili spicy?

The level of spiciness in my chili can be adjusted to your preference. I typically use a moderate amount of chili powder and cumin, but you can always add more or less to suit your taste.

3. How do you make your chili?

To make my chili, I brown the ground beef in a large pot, then add in the onions and bell peppers. Once they are cooked, I add in the tomatoes, kidney beans, and spices. Then, I let it simmer for about an hour to allow all the flavors to come together.

4. Can your chili be made vegetarian?

Absolutely! You can easily make a vegetarian version of my chili by omitting the ground beef and adding in more beans or vegetables such as corn or zucchini.

5. Can you freeze leftovers of your chili?

Yes, my chili can be frozen and reheated for future meals. Just make sure to let it cool completely before storing it in an airtight container in the freezer. It can last for up to 3 months in the freezer.