Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My Doggy Died

1. Apr 24, 2007 #1
    Today my parents phoned and said my dog died, we had been expecting it for awhile. I've had her since I was in grade 2 so she was quite old, and she had that hip displasia thing German Shepherds get really bad. She was a sweet old dog, with a very quirky kind of attitude. Poor old girl :cry: :cry:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2007 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So sorry to hear that. She was a beautiful dog. It's always tough to lose a furry companion. :frown:
  4. Apr 24, 2007 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm sorry to hear that Scorpa. It sounds like she had a very good and long life. You can feel good about that.
  5. Apr 25, 2007 #4

Gold Member

I'm very sorry to hear that, Scorpa. The gophers are probably celebrating. It's always tough to lose a member of the family, and pets are definitely in that category.
  6. Apr 25, 2007 #5
    Scorpa I am very sorry to hear of your beautiful dog's passing. :(
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  7. Apr 25, 2007 #6

Homework Helper

Sorry to hear about her. She was beautiful.
  8. Apr 25, 2007 #7
    She was a lucky dog to have such a great human friend. I'm very sorry for your loss.
  9. Apr 25, 2007 #8
    Sorry to hear this bad news. I lost a cat recently and i know how much hurt this causes. Keep those fond memories alive.

10. Apr 25, 2007 #9

Staff: Mentor

My condolences. :frown: She was a sweetheart! :smile:

It's never easy to lose those we love, even when expected.
  11. Apr 25, 2007 #10

Staff: Mentor

Oh scorpa, you've had a hard time lately. :frown:

I'm very sorry to hear about your dog. That is such a beautiful picture you have to remember her by.
  12. Apr 25, 2007 #11
    Sorry to hear about your doggy, Scorpa. It sounds like she had a nice long life for a dog, but it's still tough to loose a furry friend.
  13. Apr 25, 2007 #12

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry to hear that scorpa. My sincerest condolences.
  14. Apr 25, 2007 #13

Gold Member

It's inevitable that we lose our dear pets, but that doesn't make it a bit easier. My wife and I still can't bring ourselves to get another ferret, and it has been over 2 years since we lost Turbo. I'm thinking of you, scorpa.
  15. Apr 25, 2007 #14
    Cold nose in the snow,
    Gentle paw greets the lady,
    Find peace in wise eyes.

I remember my best friend's dog. He was a black lab named Bear. He would hunt ducks with my friend until he got too old. Bear had a unique smell that filled the house. Sometimes he would knock on the door just to see what we were up to. A few minutes later he would go back downstairs. I remember his short coarse fur and how his skin felt smooth and rolled on his muscle when I rubbed his neck. His leg would twitch when you touched a certain spot on his belly. My friend and I would amuse ourselves making the dog's leg move. Bear didn't seem to mind. He had a tail like a whip and when he was excited about something you could always tell where he was by the sound of his tail lashing the doorways. When laying on the floor Bear felt it was an opportune time to lick my face just once or twice before moving off somewhere else. I loved that dog.

I never had a dog of my own. Imagine how fortunate you are.
  16. Apr 25, 2007 #15
    Thanks everybody. I'll miss her but she had a good life at least. I'm glad I have that picture of her to remember her by :smile: My poor other dog will be lonely now....they were inseperable.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?