Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My Dream App - iVlog

1. Sep 20, 2006 #1
    The name may still need to be changed, but iVlog is my idea currently being voted on at mydreamapp.com.

Don't worry, I'm not spamming the board asking for your vote. :) This is a chance for every Mac user to share what they think would be in an ideal vlogging app. If the app makes it through the voting process, it'll actually be created! To offer your suggestions, please visit my blog there and leave a comment. Here is the entry where I talk about my current ideas for its capabilities. Be sure to leave your own.

Vlogging Manslaughtered the TV Star

Booya! o:)

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 20, 2006 #2
    It will come soon anyway, msn has just brought out (beta) Soapbox. Apple will want to cash in on video logging as well.

4. Sep 20, 2006 #3
    MS will definitely offer something. Apple is unpredictable. Sometimes they wait a long time before offering their solution.

Neither company has the development format of "My Dream App." They develop it out in the open, guaranteeing that the things you want in the app will be there from the get-go.

Well, that is, if you visit that link and tell us what you want. :)

5. Sep 21, 2006 #4
    Free copy of pzizz for Mac/Win

Wow, this is a really sweet deal that I think everyone here will appreciate. If you vote at mydreamapp.com in the next 48 hours or so, you'll get a free copy of pzizz. It's a $40 app for Mac and Windows that plays audio to help you sleep. It's great for study naps.:zzz:

Again, I hope this isn't treated as spam. I mentioned already that I'm a contestant (iVlog), but I didn't know about this until a couple minutes ago, and I wanted to make a new post to make sure people saw this deal. I think it's really unprecedented.

You can vote for up to 18 apps out of 24, so there shouldn't be any tough decisions. Of course, I'd appreciate a vote for iVlog, but it's up to you. :) Enjoy your copy of pzizz!

6. Sep 21, 2006 #5
    Spam by any other name...

7. Sep 21, 2006 #6
  8. Sep 21, 2006 #7
    Alright, I apologize. I was just really excited, especially because I thought everyone here could use a program like pzizz.

9. Sep 21, 2006 #8

Mk

Hey, I voted for iVlog, Minerva, and one other one. Thanks for telling me! Looks like iVlog isn't going to win though.

10. Sep 21, 2006 #9

Mk

....Whoa you're a contestant? Wow!!! Great idea!

11. Sep 22, 2006 #10
    Thanks, Mk!

iVlog just needs another 0.2% to escape elimination. That's literally something like 16 votes, at present.

Voting has been extended to 6 pm Eastern. So go on and get your free copy of pzizz, guys. It will help you study. :)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?