Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My dream experience

1. Jun 24, 2011 #1
    my dream experience......

I am not making this things.

I once realized I was in dream, then I turned wild. It was an amazing experience.

Have you ever had this experience.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 24, 2011 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Re: my dream experience......

I'm not even sure what your experience was, so I'm going to say yes.

4. Jun 24, 2011 #3

i don't know. i usually have trouble remembering dreams.

what fascinates me most about dreams, though, is that we seem to accept the absurd as normal in a dream.

5. Jun 24, 2011 #4

Don't doubt
    the dream was not vulgar.

6. Jun 24, 2011 #5

I also have problem remembering dreams nowadays.

I think this is problem of lacking meditation and concentration.

7. Jun 24, 2011 #6

I had a dream last night where I fell asleep in the dream and had a dream within the dream where I explored the past of who I was in the dream. I woke up and thought I was out of it, only to wake up again O_O.

8. Jun 24, 2011 #7

I hope you are not making things
    Because this is the same dream structure which happened to me few years back.

9. Jun 24, 2011 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Dreams are dreams. Some people have more control of their dreams than others, some people claim they don't dream because they don't remember them. If you have an enjoyable dream, that's great.

10. Jun 24, 2011 #9

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In my "wild" dream experience, I found myself in the living room knowing I was asleep down the hall in my bed room. It was late and all was dimly lite as normal in the duplex my asleep room mate and I rented. After a short time I got a glimpse of a movement down the hall which scared the crap out of me; thinking something was going to get me in the bed room. While still in the living room dream, I screamed out of fear which woke me up. It took a minute of two before I could get myself fully awake. Anyway I looked at the clock radio and it was right about 2:00 am. Then I went back to sleep. The next day my room mate asked me why I screamed at two in the morning. He said the scream woke him up and he noticed the time.

11. Jun 24, 2011 #10

Such dreams are called lucid dreams. Where you control everything, like a GOD!

12. Jun 24, 2011 #11

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I think what he's saying is that you didn't actually say anything.

You had a lucid dream, and went "wild". That's pretty vague.

But yes, lucid dreams are not entirely uncommon.

13. Jun 24, 2011 #12

not entirely lucid. I was aware of dreaming somewhere in the middle of the dream.

I don't know how? it may because my brain was active in logical reasoning for physics happening in the dream.

14. Jun 25, 2011 #13

I would call a "wild" dream "fauve." See Fauvism, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fauvism" [Broken].

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  15. Jun 25, 2011 #14

occasionally i'll have dreams where i am rapidly moving through the world uncontrolled .. and while unable to control my movements i manage to crash into everything i am attempting to avoid as if the thought of avoidance triggers some kind of strong magnetic response.. in these dreams i feel very free and somewhat embarrassed

16. Jun 25, 2011 #15

chiro

Science Advisor

You didn't convince your wife that the dream within a dream was the real world while at the same time with some friends invade a wealthy young oil empire inheritor and convince him that he needed to sell his empire after which you woke up on a plane and later met your kids? (If you need a hint, think inception)

17. Jun 25, 2011 #16

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Can anyone top this?

I was lying in bed and a man was sitting on the side of the bed, just below where my knees were. I couldn't really make out any features, he was all black. He handed me a glass, I sat up and stretched out my arm to take it, but when I tried to grab it, my fingers were going right through it, I realized then that it wasn't real and woke up. I was sitting up with my arm stretched out and my fingers still trying to close around the glass that the black figure was still holding out to me, he was still sitting on my bed, then slowly vanished. My dream had continued for a second after I woke up.

18. Jun 25, 2011 #17

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I woke up once and there was somebody screaming (in my dream). I felt a heavy weight on me and I couldn't move at all. I was very afraid because I thought somebody was out to kill me. After half a minute or so, I could move again and I could think clear again. Very frightening experience... I found out later it was a common sleep paralysis.

19. Jun 30, 2011 #18

"I had a dream that I was awake but when I woke up I found myself asleep."
    - Stanley Laurel

20. Jun 30, 2011 #19

21. Jul 2, 2011 #20

When I was younger (13-14 or so) I had a dream where I was flying around freely and was able to control my flight as long as I concentrated. I wasn't aware that I was dreaming, just that I could control my flight. After flying around for a bit I ended up flying over my back yard where I apparently lost concentration and began falling like a rock. Right when I hit the ground in the dream I instantly woke up, wide awake and shaking, with my stomach hurting like I actually fell from considerable height.

I still remember that dream like it happened yesterday.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook