My Dream Experience: Turning Wild in a Dream

• Thread starter Hyperspace2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Experience
In summary, the man was handing you a glass of water, but you realized it wasn't real when you were trying to grab it.
Hyperspace2
my dream experience...

I am not making this things.

I once realized I was in dream, then I turned wild. It was an amazing experience.

Have you ever had this experience.

Physics news on Phys.org

I'm not even sure what your experience was, so I'm going to say yes.

i don't know. i usually have trouble remembering dreams.what fascinates me most about dreams, though, is that we seem to accept the absurd as normal in a dream.

Pengwuino said:
I'm not even sure what your experience was, so I'm going to say yes.
Don't doubt
the dream was not vulgar.

Proton Soup said:
i don't know. i usually have trouble remembering dreams.

what fascinates me most about dreams, though, is that we seem to accept the absurd as normal in a dream.

I also have problem remembering dreams nowadays.

I think this is problem of lacking meditation and concentration.

I had a dream last night where I fell asleep in the dream and had a dream within the dream where I explored the past of who I was in the dream. I woke up and thought I was out of it, only to wake up again O_O.

Immanuel Can said:
I had a dream last night where I fell asleep in the dream and had a dream within the dream where I explored the past of who I was in the dream. I woke up and thought I was out of it, only to wake up again O_O.
I hope you are not making things
Because this is the same dream structure which happened to me few years back.

Dreams are dreams. Some people have more control of their dreams than others, some people claim they don't dream because they don't remember them. If you have an enjoyable dream, that's great.

In my "wild" dream experience, I found myself in the living room knowing I was asleep down the hall in my bed room. It was late and all was dimly lite as normal in the duplex my asleep room mate and I rented. After a short time I got a glimpse of a movement down the hall which scared the crap out of me; thinking something was going to get me in the bed room. While still in the living room dream, I screamed out of fear which woke me up. It took a minute of two before I could get myself fully awake. Anyway I looked at the clock radio and it was right about 2:00 am. Then I went back to sleep. The next day my room mate asked me why I screamed at two in the morning. He said the scream woke him up and he noticed the time.

Such dreams are called lucid dreams. Where you control everything, like a GOD!

Hyperspace2 said:
Don't doubt
the dream was not vulgar.
I think what he's saying is that you didn't actually say anything.

You had a lucid dream, and went "wild". That's pretty vague.

But yes, lucid dreams are not entirely uncommon.

DaveC426913 said:
I think what he's saying is that you didn't actually say anything.

You had a lucid dream, and went "wild". That's pretty vague.

But yes, lucid dreams are not entirely uncommon.

not entirely lucid. I was aware of dreaming somewhere in the middle of the dream.

I don't know how? it may because my brain was active in logical reasoning for physics happening in the dream.

I would call a "wild" dream "fauve." See Fauvism, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fauvism" .

Last edited by a moderator:

occasionally i'll have dreams where i am rapidly moving through the world uncontrolled .. and while unable to control my movements i manage to crash into everything i am attempting to avoid as if the thought of avoidance triggers some kind of strong magnetic response.. in these dreams i feel very free and somewhat embarrassed

Immanuel Can said:

You didn't convince your wife that the dream within a dream was the real world while at the same time with some friends invade a wealthy young oil empire inheritor and convince him that he needed to sell his empire after which you woke up on a plane and later met your kids? (If you need a hint, think inception)

Can anyone top this?

I was lying in bed and a man was sitting on the side of the bed, just below where my knees were. I couldn't really make out any features, he was all black. He handed me a glass, I sat up and stretched out my arm to take it, but when I tried to grab it, my fingers were going right through it, I realized then that it wasn't real and woke up. I was sitting up with my arm stretched out and my fingers still trying to close around the glass that the black figure was still holding out to me, he was still sitting on my bed, then slowly vanished. My dream had continued for a second after I woke up.

Evo said:
Can anyone top this?

I was lying in bed and a man was sitting on the side of the bed, just below where my knees were. I couldn't really make out any features, he was all black. He handed me a glass, I sat up and stretched out my arm to take it, but when I tried to grab it, my fingers were going right through it, I realized then that it wasn't real and woke up. I was sitting up with my arm stretched out and my fingers still trying to close around the glass that the black figure was still holding out to me, he was still sitting on my bed, then slowly vanished. My dream had continued for a second after I woke up.

I woke up once and there was somebody screaming (in my dream). I felt a heavy weight on me and I couldn't move at all. I was very afraid because I thought somebody was out to kill me. After half a minute or so, I could move again and I could think clear again. Very frightening experience... I found out later it was a common sleep paralysis.

"I had a dream that I was awake but when I woke up I found myself asleep."
- Stanley Laurel

Proton Soup;3373972 what fascinates me most about dreams said:
yeah! I've never thought about that! but its true! I accept anything in a dream, like its fact, its normal!

last night I had 2 weird dreams that I remembered when waking up - one was me sitting on a toilet on a train and there was a hole in the wall and my mum was warning me a ghost will come out of it. and a white arm did shoot out trying to grab me! I had a bunch of chopsticks in my hand and I stabbed at the hand and it disappeared from the hole... scary!

and the other dream was my family had builders building some furniture in the house, and what they had built was white cupboards with lights inside designed for growing marijuana... and we were not happy! but we couldn't do anything about it cos they were a gang and we were intimidated...

When I was younger (13-14 or so) I had a dream where I was flying around freely and was able to control my flight as long as I concentrated. I wasn't aware that I was dreaming, just that I could control my flight. After flying around for a bit I ended up flying over my back yard where I apparently lost concentration and began falling like a rock. Right when I hit the ground in the dream I instantly woke up, wide awake and shaking, with my stomach hurting like I actually fell from considerable height.

I still remember that dream like it happened yesterday.

I had a dream once that I was playing hide and seek, and I was counting to 100 on my bed, but then I fell asleep in the middle of counting. So, naturally, when I woke up at 3 in the morning (at that point I was actually awake) I felt like the logical thing to do was to go say goodnight to my parents, since in my dream I had promised to say goodnight to them when I finished my hide and seek game and went to bed. So I walked into their room at 3 in the morning, said "goodnight" and then went back to my bed to sleep. They were slightly confused the next morning...

A great website for dreaming. They have a forum where people write dream journals and stuff. Lots of information on lucid dreaming as well.

http://www.dreamviews.com/content/

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What causes us to have wild dreams?

There are several factors that can influence the content of our dreams, including our daily experiences, emotions, and thoughts. Some researchers also suggest that certain sleep disorders or medications can contribute to more vivid and wild dreams.

2. How can we control our dreams to have a wild experience?

While it's not possible to fully control our dreams, there are techniques that can increase the likelihood of having a wild dream. These can include keeping a dream journal, practicing lucid dreaming, and setting intentions before going to sleep.

3. Is it normal to have recurring wild dreams?

Recurring dreams, including wild dreams, are a common experience and can often be a reflection of underlying anxieties or unresolved issues. If these dreams are causing distress, it may be helpful to speak to a therapist or counselor.

4. Can wild dreams be interpreted or have meaning?

While some people believe that dreams have symbolic meanings, there is no scientific evidence to support this. Dream interpretation is a highly subjective practice and can vary greatly from person to person.

5. Are there any potential risks to having wild dreams?

For most people, wild dreams are a harmless and natural part of the sleep cycle. However, if these dreams are causing significant distress or impacting daily life, it may be a sign of underlying mental health issues and should be discussed with a medical professional.