What is Your Secret Dream for the Future?

• Thread starter Clausius2
  • Start date
In summary, the person dreams of retiring before they die, of living a simple life with few material possessions, and of having a female companion.
loseyourname said:
Naw, I don't want it set on earth. There are no giant filter-feeding, air-breathing electric eels on earth.
You never know, there are some very remote, mysterious areas in FP. You could be a Berkeley grad student doing research at the Gump Station. But okay, I'll back off. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
honestrosewater said:
I don't know if I qualify as a 'creative person', but I've noticed that I'm more observant than most of the people around me. And I think this has made my OCD much worse, because I notice triggers everywhere.
You've just solved the riddle of Monk and The Aviator for me, not to mention greatly qualifying my understanding of Nikola Tesla.

I've been misunderstanding the fictional TV detective Monk to be noticing details all around him that no one else pays attention to, because his OCD makes him a "neatness-freak". However, it is much more likely he notices and remembers all this stuff, because it's all triggers, and has the proper sort of emotional valence to get stored in the category of important memories.

Howard Hughs and Nikola Tesla probably noticed and stored scads of detailed information that no one else paid attention to for the same reason, some of which information they could later use in their engineering.