My emoticons have been abducted

• Thread starter edward
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about using emoticons to express oneself. The speaker mentions having a variety of emoticons, including :devil:, :tongue:, :approve:, :cry:, :confused:, :redface:, :frown:, :eek:, and :shy:. Another person suggests getting off anti-psychotics, and the speaker explains that they need emoticons to express their true personality. They mention finding a new emoticon, :thumbs:, and comment on rarely using :tongue: or :cry:. The conversation also briefly touches on the idea of using emoticons to convey emotions.
edward
All I have is::devil: :tongue: :approve: :cry: :confused: :redface: :frown:: :eek:: and :shy:

Physics news on Phys.org
Get off the anti-psychotics

I lost :!) for the longest time! I was told it was because of the server.

We have a new one, btw: :thumbs:.

:devil::tongue::approve::cry::confused::redface::frown::eek::shy::mad: :biggrin::rolleyes::yuck::cool::zzz::smile::bugeye::uhh::wink: :blushing::rofl:eek::):!):thumbs::grumpy::tongue2:

Just testing.

[Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've seen that too.
Aliens_abduct_bugeye.gif
Aliens_abduct_cry.gif
Borg_assimilation.gif

Aero51 said:
Get off the anti-psychotics

If that reply is your true personality showing you only need one emoticon. :devil:

Seriously, I need the emoticons to express my inner self. Using :eek: or :devil: for everything just isn't working. I seldom use :tongue: or :cry:

And this one just kills me:

2w1sjlg.gif

Last edited:

1. What do you mean by "emoticons have been abducted"?

When someone says that their emoticons have been abducted, they are referring to the disappearance or removal of the emoticons from their device or messaging platform. This could be due to a technical issue, accidental deletion, or intentional removal.

2. How can emoticons be "abducted"?

Emoticons can be "abducted" in a few different ways. They may disappear due to a software glitch or bug, get deleted by the user, or be removed by the messaging platform or device due to an update or change in settings.

3. Is there a way to retrieve abducted emoticons?

In most cases, yes. If the emoticons were accidentally deleted, they can usually be restored from a backup or by reinstalling the messaging platform or app. If they were removed due to a software issue, a bug fix or update may bring them back. However, if they were intentionally removed by the messaging platform or device, they may not be retrievable.

4. Can someone intentionally abduct my emoticons?

It is unlikely that someone can intentionally abduct your emoticons unless they have access to your device or messaging platform. However, it is possible for someone to delete or remove the emoticons if they have access to your device or account.

5. How can I prevent my emoticons from being abducted?

To prevent your emoticons from being abducted, make sure to regularly back up your device and messaging platform. Additionally, avoid granting access to your device or account to anyone you do not trust. Keep your device and messaging platform up to date to avoid any software issues that may cause the emoticons to disappear.