My End of the Year e-mail Thanks

In summary, the conversation includes a person thanking those who have taught them valuable lessons, such as avoiding certain products and activities due to false or exaggerated information received through email and internet sources. They also mention various superstitions and warnings about potential dangers, and conclude with a humorous exchange about reading emails with one hand on the mouse.
BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
A little late, but I need to thank those who taught me so much during 2006:

I must send my thanks to whoever sent me the e-mail about rat poop in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet towel with every envelope that needs sealing. Also, now I have to scrub the top of every can I open for the same reason.

I no longer have any savings because I gave it to a sick girl (Penny Brown) who is about to die in the hospital for the 1,387,258th time.

I no longer have any money at all, but that will change once I receive the $15,000 that Bill Gates/Microsoft and AOL are sending me for participating in their special e-mail program.

Best of all, I no longer worry about my soul because I have 363,214 angels looking out for me, and St. Theresa's novena has granted my every wish.

I no longer eat KFC because their chickens are actually horrible mutant freaks with no eyes or feathers.

I no longer use cancer-causing deodorants even though I smell like a water buffalo on a hot day.

Thanks to you, I have learned that my prayers only get answered if I forward an e-mail to seven of my friends and make a wish within five minutes.

Because of your concern I no longer drink Coca Cola because it can remove toilet stains.

I no longer can buy gasoline without taking someone along to watch the car so a serial killer won't crawl in my back seat when I'm pumping gas.

I no longer drink Pepsi or Dr. Pepper since the people who make these products are atheists who refuse to put "Under God" on their cans.

I no longer use Saran wrap in the microwave because it causes cancer.
And thanks for letting me know I can't boil a cup water in the microwave anymore because it will blow up in my face...disfiguring me for life.

I no longer check the coin return on pay phones because I could be pricked with a needle infected with AIDS.

I no longer go to shopping malls because someone will drug me with a perfume sample and rob me.

I no longer receive packages from UPS or FedEx since they are actually Al Qaeda in disguise.

I no longer shop at Target since they don't support our American troops or the Salvation Army.

I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a number for which I will get a phone bill with calls to Jamaica, Uganda, Singapore, and Uzbekistan. This has made it very difficult to keep in contact with the numerous friends from Nigeria I have made over the past year via e-mail.

I no longer have any sneakers -- but that will change once I receive my free replacement pair from Nike.

I no longer buy expensive cookies from Neiman Marcus since I now have their recipe.

Thanks to you, I can't use anyone's toilet but mine because a big brown African spider is lurking under the seat to cause me instant death when it bites my butt.

Thank you too for all the endless advice Andy Rooney has given us. I can live a better life now because he's told us how to fix everything.

And thanks to your great advice, I can't ever pick up $5.00 I dropped in the parking lot because it probably was placed there by a sex molester waiting underneath my car to grab my leg. Oh, and don't forget this one either! I can no longer drive my car because I can't buy gas from certain gas companies!

If you don't send this e-mail to at least 47,000 people in the next 47 minutes, a large dove with diarrhea will land on your head at 5:47 PM this afternoon and the fleas from 47 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump. I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbor's ex-mother-in-law's second husband's cousin's beautician...

Have a wonderful day...AND A scientist from Argentina, after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain and sexual activity read their e-mail with their hand on the mouse!

Don't bother taking it off now, it's too late.

Physics news on Phys.org
BobG said:
AND A scientist from Argentina, after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain and sexual activity read their e-mail with their hand on the mouse!

:redface: :bugeye: :uhh: :blushing:

BobG said:
Have a wonderful day...AND A scientist from Argentina, after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain and sexual activity read their e-mail with their hand on the mouse!

HAHA :rofl: :rofl:

:uhh: :redface:

What am I supposed to do? Act like those people in the commercials reading WebMD and have a serious look on my face while having chin rest upon both my hands? No, I will leave my hand on the mouse. This is the best tactical position, if anything happens, I can react immediately.

moose said:
HAHA :rofl: :rofl:

:uhh: :redface:

What am I supposed to do? Act like those people in the commercials reading WebMD and have a serious look on my face while having chin rest upon both my hands? No, I will leave my hand on the mouse. This is the best tactical position, if anything happens, I can react immediately.

You could do what I always do while reading e-mail: discover that it's impossible to lick the outside of your elbow. (I have to quit eating at my desk).

Last edited:

1. What is an "End of the Year e-mail Thanks"?

An "End of the Year e-mail Thanks" is a message that is typically sent out towards the end of the year to thank colleagues, clients, or friends for their support, contributions, or partnership throughout the year.

2. Why do people send out "End of the Year e-mail Thanks"?

People send out "End of the Year e-mail Thanks" as a way to express gratitude and appreciation for the relationships and collaborations they have built over the past year. It is also an opportunity to reflect on the achievements and milestones of the year.

3. How should I structure my "End of the Year e-mail Thanks"?

There is no specific structure for an "End of the Year e-mail Thanks", but it should generally include a brief summary of the year, a sincere thank you, and any personal or company updates. You can also include photos or links to highlight memorable moments from the year.

4. Is it necessary to send out an "End of the Year e-mail Thanks"?

No, it is not necessary to send out an "End of the Year e-mail Thanks", but it is a thoughtful gesture that can strengthen relationships and show appreciation for the people in your professional or personal network.

5. How do I make my "End of the Year e-mail Thanks" stand out?

To make your "End of the Year e-mail Thanks" stand out, you can personalize the message, use a creative subject line, and include specific examples of how the recipient has made a positive impact on your year. You can also consider sending a small gift or handwritten note along with the email.