Why are my EV batteries losing charge and amps?

In summary, my dad and I made an EV, but the batteries are not holding a charge as long as they used to and the problem seems to be getting worse. We had this problem once before, but after charging it all the way and letting it sit overnight, we observed that the voltage had dropped some. So we charged it completely again. But that does not seem to be working this time, and none of the batteries are that old.
U4edot
My dad and I made an EV (electric vehicle), the problem is that the batteries are not holding a charge as long as they used to. When you have your foot on the accelerator the car's the voltage drops, and when you let off of the accelerator the voltage pops right back up. the problem is that even after the voltage starts to come back up we start loosing amps. we drop from 500A to 150-100A. we had this problem once before, but after charging it all the way and letting it sit overnight, we observed that the voltage had dropped some. so we charged it completely again. we did this about 4-5 times each time the change in voltage was less and less. Then it ran great. but that does not seem to be working this time, and none of the batteries are that old.

Anyone have any Ideas, if you need any more info don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
In general rechargable batteries deteriorate over time due to internal chemical changes that are not reversable.

this happened once before and was fixed by depleting the pack and recharging them. and the batteries are only a month or two old. We haven't been driving the car that much, so I don't think that they should already be dieing.

But yes, I have considered that.
Can you think of anything else that might cause this.

You could have some sort of an electrical leak or short.

We did not buy all of the batteries at once, we bought them over a period of a couple months. So is it possible that they are self discharging. I also noticed that after the EV runs down, we can pull into a parking lot, let it sit for a wile, then some of the juice comes back. So I am thinking that the rate at which we are drawing power is grater than the rate that the batteries chemical reaction is occurring.

What are the common causes of an EV project suffering?

There are several common causes of an EV project suffering, including technical issues with the vehicle, lack of charging infrastructure, inadequate planning and budget, and limited support from stakeholders.

How can I troubleshoot technical issues with my EV project?

If your EV project is suffering due to technical issues, it is important to consult with a qualified technician who can diagnose and repair any problems with the vehicle. Additionally, regularly maintaining your EV can help prevent technical issues from arising in the first place.

What can I do if there is a lack of charging infrastructure for my EV project?

If your EV project is suffering due to a lack of charging infrastructure, you can try reaching out to local governments and organizations to advocate for more charging stations in your area. You can also consider investing in a home charging station for convenience.

How can I ensure that my EV project is properly planned and budgeted for?

To avoid suffering from inadequate planning and budget, it is important to thoroughly research and plan for all aspects of your EV project, including the cost of the vehicle, charging infrastructure, and maintenance. It may also be beneficial to consult with experienced EV owners or professionals for guidance.

What can I do if stakeholders are not providing enough support for my EV project?

If your EV project is suffering due to lack of support from stakeholders, it may be helpful to communicate the benefits of EVs and address any concerns they may have. You can also consider involving stakeholders in the planning and decision-making process to increase their investment in the project.