Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My Eyes

1. Jan 31, 2008 #1
    My Eyes!!!!

Whatever you do dont watch the new rambo! this is INSANE GORE AND KILLING AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im amazed this is even allowed in theaters! :surprised

Villians came into the town village and started killing the villagers. One soldier put his bayonet through a small child and shot another one!

I mean, its an interesting movie so far. But seriously, holy crap!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...829&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=5

Oh, my god.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 1, 2008 #2
    Marking it off my list of movies to see. My husband really wants to see it, think I'll have him make it a guys night out.

4. Feb 1, 2008 #3
    Its beyond worse than you can IMAGINE!!!

He gutted a guy with his knife, and killed another one by crushing his throat with his bear hands!!!!

Ahh, its insane. And its not fake movie killing. They made it as real as possible. Its just nasty!

5. Feb 1, 2008 #4

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

But you don't glimpse anyone's buttock so it's safe for the little children.

6. Feb 1, 2008 #5
    No, seriously. I have never seen anything as bad as this. This makes saving private ryan childs play.

The man gets an f'in bow and arrow and starts sniping soldiers through the throat!!!!!

My jaw just hit the floor.

7. Feb 1, 2008 #6

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

But remember these are bad Afghan-Jihad terrorists - so they must be nasty. The nastier they are the more reason there is to take your shoes off at airports and throw away 101ml tubes of toothpaste

Remember they aren't like the good Afghan-Jihad freedom fighters in Rambo3.

8. Feb 1, 2008 #7
    It's the coolest and best war movie I've ever seen. I loved it. I don't think it would be as adrenaline pumping outside of movie theatres-- unless you have surround sound. Not to mention that Sly is still in pretty decent shape considering his age!

9. Feb 1, 2008 #8
    Wow, I really want to see this movie now. Senseless violence is my favorite kind of entertainment.

10. Feb 1, 2008 #9

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Lots and lots and lots of steroids.

11. Feb 1, 2008 #10

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Didn't he also admit to using HGH?

12. Feb 1, 2008 #11
    Yes, he even said that HGH would be over the counter in 10 years or so because it was such great stuff.

Haven't seen the movie, but I was going to ask one of my friends who saw it last weekend how it was.

13. Feb 1, 2008 #12
    You should watch Men Behind the Sun in that case. You can find clips of it on Youtube to see if it's something you'd want to watch all the way. I couldn't stomach it.

14. Feb 1, 2008 #13
    Regardless of testosterone, HGH, or other drugs, it still takes an immense amount of work to be in that kind of shape at that age.

15. Feb 1, 2008 #14
    Thanks Cyrus, I now really want to see that movie. I think I'll go tomorrow night!

16. Feb 1, 2008 #15
    Another point of view is that is it any better to make violence and killing look nicer, if it's not in reality anyway?

17. Feb 1, 2008 #16

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Think of an act that you find vile and repulsive, something that you could never do. Child molesting, for example. Would you watch a film of it, if you knew the adult and kid were just actors, and that it wasn't real? Would that make it acceptable?

How is watching a child be bayoneted any different?

18. Feb 1, 2008 #17
    Couldn't be worse than Sweeney Todd. I actually walked out of that one after the tenth throat was slit. :yuck:barf

19. Feb 1, 2008 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Considering it's a Rambo movie, I'm guessing there's no plot line to make up for the gratuitous violence?

20. Feb 1, 2008 #19

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nothing is worse than the Saw movies. Nothing. I actually ended a friendship with someone after she talked about those movies again and again, then brought one over to my apartment. I couldn't even sit through ten minutes of it, and can't imagine how anyone can be entertained by any such depictions. Those movies make me want to cry. I'm not even kidding.

- Warren

21. Feb 1, 2008 #20

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Me, too. I just don't get it, and I find it really disturbing how some people find that stuff "fun" to watch.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?