Flying Across America with My Firebird

• Thread starter Clausius2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Flying
In summary, Jokay bought a Firebird and is flying across America with it. He is enjoying the car and the scenery. He also mentions that he is mad about speeding.
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
yeah, for those who have seen I've changed my avatar for a firebird, that's true, I am flying across america with a Firebird. I bought one. It's awsome. It's my firebird. It does not seem a car of a grad student, but you may take into account I am an spanish engineer, or so called "Sir Engineer" here, so a Sir has to have a "Sir Car".

Jokay Cool :cool: !

Attachments

• Pontiac1.jpg
    Pontiac1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 370
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks like you are blending in the US nicely :cool: Nice car :approve:

Very cool, sir. :biggrin:

How do you like San Diego?

Quite a fine steed you ride, Sir Engineer. :biggrin: Does grad school leave you enough time to spend with the ladies that car is meant to attract to you? :tongue2:

I am doing good, thanx. How about you?

And you're right, I don't have enough time for paying attention to all those girls...:rofl:

Nice wheels, man! Perhaps I will check them out next week in SD. :biggrin:

Nice avatar too! Goes with the gold.

Congrats on your Sir Car, Sir Engineer!
Hope to see a picture of Sir Girlfriend in the future. :smile:

Sweet car! I love firebirds.

Lisa! said:
Congrats on your Sir Car, Sir Engineer!
Hope to see a picture of Sir Girlfriend in the future. :smile:

Do you want a ride?:biggrin:

How fast can she go? I am guessing a good 160mph. Top her out and tell me tomorrow. (Just don't get caught, take it on a small empty road w/no cops around)

Go out on the I-8 toward El Centro. If you're brave enough to venture on some of the smaller mountain roads-to-nowhere that branch off from the interstate, you'll find stretches where you can easily hit 200 if your car is capable. No one around for a hundred miles at least. That's one of the great things about living next to a desert.

Clausius2 said:
Do you want a ride?:biggrin:
:approve: :blushing:

Note that I'm mad about speeding!:wink:

I would definitely enjoy a ride with that sleek, fast, elegant toy of yours, Clausius.

Good work Claus, it looks like I've been outdone!

Thanx everybody!

It's a nice car, although the gas mileage is going to terminate with my grad student stipend. I have the option of no buying food for myself...

PS: I am careful with this car. I treat it as it was my girlfriend, no high speed, smooth driving...:tongue2: So I am not going to put this car at high speed in part because I want to go slow enough for letting the people turn their heads...

What is "Flying Across America with My Firebird" about?

"Flying Across America with My Firebird" is a book written by a pilot who flew his Firebird airplane across the United States. It chronicles his journey, including the challenges and adventures he encountered along the way.

What inspired the author to write this book?

The author, being a pilot and a lover of adventure, wanted to share his unique experience of flying across the United States with others. He was also motivated by the desire to inspire others to pursue their dreams and push beyond their comfort zones.

What makes this book different from other aviation books?

This book not only focuses on the technical aspects of flying, but also delves into the personal and emotional journey of the author. It also includes stunning photographs of the different landscapes and landmarks he encountered during his flight.

How long did it take the author to complete this journey?

The author completed his journey in 14 days, covering a total distance of 8,000 miles. However, he also spent months planning and preparing for the trip.

What lessons can readers learn from "Flying Across America with My Firebird"?

Readers can learn about the determination and perseverance required to achieve a goal, as well as the beauty and diversity of the United States. They can also gain insights into the world of aviation and the joys of flying.