My First Real Job Offer

chaoseverlasting
Well, its placement season in college and we've had companies coming over and wooing us. I had landed two jobs in IT in Jan, but that almost didn't count because IT really isn't my thing and IT companies hire in bulk (batches of 100 students being placed together are common).

However, about a month ago, Windmoeller and Hoelscher came on campus and after a day long process, short listed 5 candidates. About two weeks ago we were interviewed by another panel. The long and short of it is, I got the job! There were only four candidates from my whole Uni selected! Man! I can't believe I got through!

The irony of it is, I'd almost forgotten about the process the day the company came on campus!

Answers and Replies

turbo
Gold Member
Congrats, chaos! Just checked up on them, and they seem to be a pretty innovative company. My brother is lead foreman for an extruded-products company, and he's always on his toes, but he loves his job. Customers demand more and more, and the more his company can satisfy them, the tighter their specs become, making it harder for competitors to lure the customers away.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Yay :smile:!

cobalt124
Job well done! Congratulations.

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congratulations. Jobs can be hard to come by now days.

chaoseverlasting
Thank you guys! I'm so glad I got through W&H. Even though I'm not sure if I'll be able to join them, I'm glad I got an offer from a core engineering company! Another thing I just found out, they only selected 4 people from Delhi!

niwire
Congratulations!

Suggested for: My First Real Job Offer

• Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post