My fossils

wolram

Gold Member
These are all that remain of my collection.

Attachments

wolram

Gold Member
A few more

These are the tiny ones.

Attachments

As a contrast, I visit Dick Mol quite often. His collection has almost thrown him and his wife out of the house. In the living, there is a small corner still for visitors and it's possible to stand in the kitchen for cooking. Other than that, it's fossils and fossils and the collection is still growing. I've suggested some migitation solutions. But that was wrong, fossils need to be right there where you can get to them for investigation.

Now if you'd look at the commercial prizes for fossils, his collection is worth many millions, I'm sure. But that's even worse mentioning, fossils are there for scientific research, not for commercial ends, disgusting to even start thinking about that.

wolram

Gold Member
I am sure some of these are vertebra, the first one measures 3 1/4*2 3/4 and is 1 1/8 deep.

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm no biologist but that sounds like it would come from a pretty big animal...do you know what it is?

If it's vertebra then it looks like fish, mammal vertebra are much more complicated.

wolram

Gold Member
I found these on the spoil heap of the quarry where this was found

http://www.search.windowsonwarwickshire.org.uk/engine/resource/default.asp?resource=7291 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my fossils removed when I was a kid. It wasn't so bad, and I got ice cream later. These days they probably have even better anesthesia and techniques, etc., so there's really nothing to be afraid of.

Looks pretty similar and it seems that fish was not far off.

wolram

Gold Member
Looks pretty similar and it seems that fish was not far off.
Some development company has bought the site, i just so hate them, it is good that they seem plagued by ghostly events.

Danger

Gold Member
What a relief to see the topic of this thread! Going by the title, I was expecting to hear about another of your medical problems.

wolram

Gold Member
What a relief to see the topic of this thread! Going by the title, I was expecting to hear about another of your medical problems.
Me medical problems? i just have slight problem with my guts, but i am sure i am healing myself with copious amounts of chili.

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving