Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My fossils

1. Mar 11, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

These are all that remain of my collection.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 11, 2008 #2

wolram

Gold Member

A few more

These are the tiny ones.

Attached Files:

4. Mar 11, 2008 #3
    As a contrast, I visit Dick Mol quite often. His collection has almost thrown him and his wife out of the house. In the living, there is a small corner still for visitors and it's possible to stand in the kitchen for cooking. Other than that, it's fossils and fossils and the collection is still growing. I've suggested some migitation solutions. But that was wrong, fossils need to be right there where you can get to them for investigation.

Now if you'd look at the commercial prizes for fossils, his collection is worth many millions, I'm sure. But that's even worse mentioning, fossils are there for scientific research, not for commercial ends, disgusting to even start thinking about that.

5. Mar 11, 2008 #4

wolram

Gold Member

I am sure some of these are vertebra, the first one measures 3 1/4*2 3/4 and is 1 1/8 deep.

6. Mar 11, 2008 #5

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm no biologist but that sounds like it would come from a pretty big animal...do you know what it is?

7. Mar 11, 2008 #6
    If it's vertebra then it looks like fish, mammal vertebra are much more complicated.

8. Mar 11, 2008 #7

wolram

Gold Member

9. Mar 11, 2008 #8

wolram

Gold Member

10. Mar 11, 2008 #9
    I got my fossils removed when I was a kid. It wasn't so bad, and I got ice cream later. These days they probably have even better anesthesia and techniques, etc., so there's really nothing to be afraid of.

11. Mar 11, 2008 #10
    Looks pretty similar and it seems that fish was not far off.

12. Mar 11, 2008 #11

wolram

Gold Member

Some development company has bought the site, i just so hate them, it is good that they seem plagued by ghostly events.

13. Mar 11, 2008 #12

Danger

Gold Member

What a relief to see the topic of this thread! Going by the title, I was expecting to hear about another of your medical problems.

14. Mar 11, 2008 #13

wolram

Gold Member

Me medical problems? i just have slight problem with my guts, but i am sure i am healing myself with copious amounts of chili.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?