1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My future goals/plans

1. Oct 18, 2009 #1
    As you can tell by my username im currently in a high school senior w/ a 3.0 GPA. Looking for colleges to apply to is a problem for me, I live in Florida and my mom wont let me go out of state. What college for my undergraduate should I go to? In astrophysics?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2009 #2
    FSU is the cosmology and astrophysics center of Florida. Infact its the only one which has much active research on the topic.

Though I guess I should ask what in astrophysics are you interested in?

Also, if the reason you can't leave florida is becuase of $$, then you should try applying for fellowships or scholarships becuase there are lots of places outside florida which have great astrophysics programs as well.

4. Oct 18, 2009 #3

eri

FIU and FIT also have good astronomy and physics departments, with a lot of research professors and access to the SARA telescopes (one on Kitt Peak in AZ and one soon to begin operating in Chile). I suggest picking a physics major, and taking courses in math, astronomy, and computer science as well.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook