Mystery of the Transformed Gate

In summary, the conversation discusses the sudden shattering of a glass pane and possible reasons for it, such as stress, temperature change, and air pressure change. It is also mentioned that the glass is most likely tempered/toughened glass, which is designed to break into small pieces for safety. The conversation also touches on the differences between tempered and laminated safety glass.
hpla
hey guys >>>

in this morning i woke up ... and Without prior warning

my gate Turned to this (look at pic )

1- What is the reason I want to know?

can anybody tell me ?

http://hh7.an3m1.com/Sep/an3m1.com_13603318841.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Three first things that come to mind - hit, temperature gradient, twisting frame.

And you are not alone, such things happen.

I assume you mean the glass just shattered for no apparent reason. It looks like its safetyglass which is two panes of glass with a plastic inner liner

Its hard to say why, but glass under stress will sometimes need one little push to do that like slamming the door, a sonic boom, temperature change, air pressure change...

I once witnessed this in a game arcade where my friend removed a piece of glass from a pinball machine and placed it to the side of the machine. When he gently picked it up to reinstalled it, it just shattered. It really shook him up. I think what had happened was he flexed it somehow and that was enough to initiate the fracture that shattered it. It was also probably under stress for a long time with folks banging on it while it was on the pinball machine.

Last edited:

jedishrfu said:
I assume you mean the glass just shattered for no apparent reason. It looks like its safetyglass which is two panes of glass with a plastic inner liner

That doesn't seem to make sense. The POINT of safety glass is that it does NOT shatter and fall apart like that ... it will crack like crazy but hold together.

phinds said:
That doesn't seem to make sense. The POINT of safety glass is that it does NOT shatter and fall apart like that ... it will crack like crazy but hold together.

Isn't that what you see, a bunch of cracks but it hasn't fallen out? I'm not sure two pane glass would do that and stay in place.

jedishrfu said:

This looks like tempered/toughened glass, rather than laminated safety glass. It is a characteristic of tempered glass that any tiny crack will instantly propagate and craze the entire pane into a network of small pieces. Lamination, if present, would not cause this effect.

According to wiki, the term "safety glass" is generic and covers implementations using either tempered glass or laminated glass.

In a vehicle you will typically find laminated safety glass in the windshield and unlaminated tempered glass in the side windows.

It does look like the unlaminated tempered glass one finds in automobile side windows. If that's the case, rescue personnel use a spring-loaded center punch to break out the window. Using a rock or hammer usually spreads the impact too much to make the glass break, but any short-sharp blow could cause it to look like your photo...

As others have said, that's the typical breakage pattern for tempered glass. If you had been watching, it probably didn't happen all at once. Instead a single crack forms, and then spreads while new cracks appear over a period of several minutes.

When it's done destroying itself, you'll have chunks more like gravel than broken glass, with some sharp edges but nothing that is likely to do serious injury. By comparison, a piece of ordinary plate glass in a doorway would break into large sheets projecting into the opening and quite capable of slicing to the bone and through major blood vessels.

thanks guys >>> for all Information

1. What is the "Mystery of the Transformed Gate"?

The "Mystery of the Transformed Gate" is a scientific phenomenon that involves the transformation of matter and energy at the molecular level, resulting in the creation of a portal or gateway to another dimension or realm.

2. How did scientists discover this phenomenon?

The "Mystery of the Transformed Gate" was discovered through extensive research and experimentation in the fields of quantum mechanics, particle physics, and cosmology. Scientists observed unusual shifts in energy and matter during controlled experiments, leading to the development of this theory.

3. What are some potential applications of this phenomenon?

The "Mystery of the Transformed Gate" has the potential to revolutionize travel, communication, and exploration. It could also provide a better understanding of the universe and its many dimensions, as well as the possibility of accessing new resources and information.

4. Is there any evidence to support this theory?

While there is currently no concrete evidence of the "Mystery of the Transformed Gate", there have been numerous reports and theories from scientists and individuals who claim to have witnessed or experienced its effects. Further research and experimentation are needed to provide more concrete evidence.

5. What are the current challenges in understanding and harnessing this phenomenon?

One of the main challenges in understanding and harnessing the "Mystery of the Transformed Gate" is the lack of advanced technology and resources needed for further research and experimentation. There are also ethical concerns and potential risks involved in manipulating and traversing through these portals, which must be carefully considered and addressed.