Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My Heartfelt Thanks to You All at PF!

1. Jan 2, 2013 #1

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Dear Physics Forums,

On behalf of all the non-educated, wikipedia surfing, can't-do-the-math members and non-members of the forums, I would like to say Happy New Year! 2012 was an awesome year here on PF, and we reached new milestones in posts, threads, and most users online several different times. We even got rid of that nasty Philosophy forum that plagued Evo and a few others.

For myself 2012 was a big year too. I got off of Active Duty Air Force, moved about 3 times, and almost started working up at Kitt Peak National Observatory. (I'll be back for you Kitt Peak...just wait) I finally found what I want to do with my life and I have you guys on PF to thank for developing my interest and knowledge in science. That's something I don't think I could ever properly repay you all for. I only hope my contributions to the forum can help someone else the way you all helped me.

So here's to the freakin new year! May you all have a wonderful 2013! Remember, be happy and stay curious!

-Drakkith

P.S. Evo, I think Phinds got off his leash again. I found penguin remains in the front yard, a stray black hole in the back, and OmCheeto called to inform me I owe him for several chewed up lawn gnomes and several littering fines.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 3, 2013 #2
    Glad to hear that you did well in 2012. For me the biggest thing was I got employed. But that's not the best thing ;) On bad side my time and energy to go online has decreased significantly. So I post way little than I'd like to do here.

4. Jan 3, 2013 #3

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I'm glad you're here, Drakkith. It's members like you who make PF a good forum!

5. Jan 3, 2013 #4
    Thanks Drakkith!!!

6. Jan 3, 2013 #5

jedishrfu

Nice post.

Happy New Year and dont trip over the BH in your backyard as you throw all your accumulated litter into it to avoid OmCheeto's fine. Just tell Om, the gnomes took a journey into The Twilight Zone.(Gnome today, gone tomorrow)

7. Jan 3, 2013 #6

berkeman

Thanks for your service in the Air Force, Drakkith. And thanks for all of your help here on the PF. Much appreciated.

Happy New Year! :smile:

8. Jan 3, 2013 #7
    I'm in that group of the "non-educated, wikipedia surfing, can't-do-the-math members" and yea Happy New Year PF and special thanks to all members who've helped me understand more about physics! What patience!:smile:

Never found such a great forum site as this one, it must take a great amount of time & effort. And thanks for that!

9. Jan 3, 2013 #8

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

They kept running you out of town, huh?

10. Jan 3, 2013 #9

Drakkith

Something like that...:wink:

11. Jan 3, 2013 #10

drizzle

Gold Member

This past year I touched my goals, hopefully this year I'll hit them. :biggrin:

Happy new year to you too Drakkith, wish you have a thoughtful and cheerful year. :smile:

12. Jan 3, 2013 #11

Evo

Oh No!! Not again!!!

Phinds! Come here boy, good boy, SIT!

Congratulations Drakkith!! Keep posting, you and Phinds make me happy!

13. Jan 4, 2013 #12

Drakkith

By the way, stay curious! *wink*

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/582429_511810782172659_546419035_n.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  14. Jan 4, 2013 #13

drizzle

Gold Member

I like your ring! :biggrin:

:wink:

15. Jan 4, 2013 #14

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Honestly, I think PFers are the best looking bunch on the innerwebs :cool:.

16. Jan 5, 2013 #15

Drakkith

Thanks. It's my Air Force Ring I bought 10 years ago during Basic Training.

17. Jan 5, 2013 #16

Lisa!

Gold Member

You're welcome:biggrin:

18. Jan 5, 2013 #17

Evo

WOOT!!! Drakkith is a hottie!!

19. Jan 5, 2013 #18

Drakkith

:wink:

20. Jan 5, 2013 #19

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

It looks like a mood ring. hmmm....

Well, now that you're no longer active duty, "At Ease" seems appropriate. :smile:

And you look like the dishwasher at my favorite bar.

He goes by the nickname; Monkey.

hmmm...... What the hell is it with me and Monkeys lately?

ps. Just in case anyone is wondering, I have not a clue what this is in reference to; "OmCheeto called to inform me I owe him for several chewed up lawn gnomes and several littering fines."

My garden gnomes are safe and sound inside my house guarding my garden.

pf.2013.01.05.oms.patriot.indoor.garden.guard.gnome.jpg

pps. Now that it's a new year, I can now say that I'm retiring NEXT Good Golly Miss Molly-ing year, at which time I will start my new business, become a billionaire, and shower my PF friends with lavish gifts.

LisaB gets a million dollar yacht.
    Everyone else will have to send me their wish lists.
    And I will buy you, Kitt Peak.

Stay well young Drak.

-------------------------------
    ppps. I would add your most incredible signature to my set of signatures, but I'm afraid it would create a signature loop, collapse the universe, and destroy us all. Not good. (They yelled at me for doing that at my last science forum)

(this is nonsense...moderator)="yelled at me" :blushing:

21. Jan 5, 2013 #20

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Aww, thanks Om! You can teach me how to drive it...no, float it...erm, sail it....umm...well how to sit in it and just take it all in :smile:.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook