My Heartfelt Thanks to You All at PF

• Thread starter Drakkith
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thanks
In summary: I'm not sure what yet. 2013 will be a good year for you, Drakkith! You'll accomplish many things, and you'll be happy. Thanks for being a part of the Physics Forums community.
Drakkith
Mentor
Dear Physics Forums,

On behalf of all the non-educated, wikipedia surfing, can't-do-the-math members and non-members of the forums, I would like to say Happy New Year! 2012 was an awesome year here on PF, and we reached new milestones in posts, threads, and most users online several different times. We even got rid of that nasty Philosophy forum that plagued Evo and a few others.

For myself 2012 was a big year too. I got off of Active Duty Air Force, moved about 3 times, and almost started working up at Kitt Peak National Observatory. (I'll be back for you Kitt Peak...just wait) I finally found what I want to do with my life and I have you guys on PF to thank for developing my interest and knowledge in science. That's something I don't think I could ever properly repay you all for. I only hope my contributions to the forum can help someone else the way you all helped me.

So here's to the freakin new year! May you all have a wonderful 2013! Remember, be happy and stay curious!

-Drakkith

P.S. Evo, I think Phinds got off his leash again. I found penguin remains in the front yard, a stray black hole in the back, and OmCheeto called to inform me I owe him for several chewed up lawn gnomes and several littering fines.

Physics news on Phys.org
Glad to hear that you did well in 2012. For me the biggest thing was I got employed. But that's not the best thing ;) On bad side my time and energy to go online has decreased significantly. So I post way little than I'd like to do here.

I'm glad you're here, Drakkith. It's members like you who make PF a good forum!

Nice post.

Happy New Year and don't trip over the BH in your backyard as you throw all your accumulated litter into it to avoid OmCheeto's fine. Just tell Om, the gnomes took a journey into The Twilight Zone.(Gnome today, gone tomorrow)

Thanks for your service in the Air Force, Drakkith. And thanks for all of your help here on the PF. Much appreciated.

Happy New Year! :smile:

Drakkith said:
Dear Physics Forums,

On behalf of all the non-educated, wikipedia surfing, can't-do-the-math members and non-members of the forums, I would like to say Happy New Year! 2012 was an awesome year here on PF, and we reached new milestones in posts, threads, and most users online several different times.

I'm in that group of the "non-educated, wikipedia surfing, can't-do-the-math members" and yea Happy New Year PF and special thanks to all members who've helped me understand more about physics! What patience!:smile:

Never found such a great forum site as this one, it must take a great amount of time & effort. And thanks for that!

Drakkith said:
I got off of Active Duty Air Force, moved about 3 times ...

They kept running you out of town, huh?

phinds said:
They kept running you out of town, huh?

Something like that...:wink:

This past year I touched my goals, hopefully this year I'll hit them. :biggrin:Happy new year to you too Drakkith, wish you have a thoughtful and cheerful year. :smile:

P.S. Evo, I think Phinds got off his leash again. I found penguin remains in the front yard, a stray black hole in the back, and OmCheeto called to inform me I owe him for several chewed up lawn gnomes and several littering fines.
Oh No! Not again!

Phinds! Come here boy, good boy, SIT!

Congratulations Drakkith! Keep posting, you and Phinds make me happy!

By the way, stay curious! *wink*

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/582429_511810782172659_546419035_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Drakkith said:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/582429_511810782172659_546419035_n.jpg

I like your ring! :biggrin:

:wink:

Drakkith said:

Honestly, I think PFers are the best looking bunch on the innerwebs :cool:.

Gad said:
I like your ring! :biggrin:

Thanks. It's my Air Force Ring I bought 10 years ago during Basic Training.

You're welcome:biggrin:

WOOT! Drakkith is a hottie!

Evo said:
WOOT! Drakkith is a hottie!

Drakkith said:
Thanks. It's my Air Force Ring I bought 10 years ago during Basic Training.

It looks like a mood ring. hmmm...

Mood ring color chart said:
Blue (Royal Blue To Sky Blue)-Sapphire- Happy, Calm, Friendly, Assured, At Ease, Optimistic, Near Bliss, Liveliness, Playful, Grooving, Peaceful, Caring, Pleasant, Moonstruck, Desire, Warm, Giving, Lovable

Well, now that you're no longer active duty, "At Ease" seems appropriate. :smile:

And you look like the dishwasher at my favorite bar.

He goes by the nickname; Monkey.

hmmm... What the hell is it with me and Monkeys lately?

ps. Just in case anyone is wondering, I have not a clue what this is in reference to; "OmCheeto called to inform me I owe him for several chewed up lawn gnomes and several littering fines."

My garden gnomes are safe and sound inside my house guarding my garden.

pf.2013.01.05.oms.patriot.indoor.garden.guard.gnome.jpg

pps. Now that it's a new year, I can now say that I'm retiring NEXT Good Golly Miss Molly-ing year, at which time I will start my new business, become a billionaire, and shower my PF friends with lavish gifts.

LisaB gets a million dollar yacht.
Everyone else will have to send me their wish lists.
And I will buy you, Kitt Peak.

Stay well young Drak.

-------------------------------
ppps. I would add your most incredible signature to my set of signatures, but I'm afraid it would create a signature loop, collapse the universe, and destroy us all. Not good. (They yelled at me for doing that at my last science forum)

(this is nonsense...moderator)="yelled at me" :blushing:

OmCheeto said:
LisaB gets a million dollar yacht.

Aww, thanks Om! You can teach me how to drive it...no, float it...erm, sail it...umm...well how to sit in it and just take it all in :smile:.

OmCheeto, I just have one question. If you didn't call...WHO WAS THAT ON THE PHONE!?

Here's my wish list:
Don't give me a yacht. I can't afford the upkeep.

lisab said:
Aww, thanks Om! You can teach me how to drive it...no, float it...erm, sail it...umm...well how to sit in it and just take it all in :smile:.
article-0-117D535B000005DC-431_964x503.jpg

Lesson 1: Don't drive like this.

Lol Jimmy!

Here's my wish Om: I want Drakkith's ring. :biggrin:

lisab said:

I'll hire you a captain. I'm not good with big boats and will have to get one as well.

Drakkith said:
OmCheeto, I just have one question. If you didn't call...WHO WAS THAT ON THE PHONE!?

Ja nic nie wiem.

OmCheeto said:
Ja nic nie wiem.

That means it was Borek, Drakkith.

Gad said:
That means it was Borek, Drakkith.

I see. This changes things...

*points into the distance*
To the Observatory Phinds! There's science to do!

Jimmy Snyder said:
Lesson 1: Don't drive like this.

Step 1: Switch to GEICO

Step 2: Pick a yacht for myself. This one looks fuel efficient.

Ms-Turanor-PlanetSolar-departs-Monaco-27-September-2010-courtesy-of-PlanetSolar-665x443.jpg

Step 3: Pick a yacht for LisaB. http://www.luxurychartergroup.com/yacht.php/ultimate-lady-8/ looks adequate.​

ULTIMATE-LADY-Atol.jpg

90 feet long
33 feet wide
5500 mile range
:smile:
Step 4: Figure out how to get to Bora Bora.​

Personally I think you guys need the Disco Volante from Thunderball. Its such a classic design now complete with breakaway hydrofoil accessories.

jedishrfu said:
Personally I think you guys need the Disco Volante from Thunderball. Its such a classic design now complete with breakaway hydrofoil accessories.

Unfortunately,

wiki on the Disco Volante said:
...it sank...

Lol!

But at least then you'd get Domino and another movie contract!

What is "My Heartfelt Thanks to You All at PF" about?

"My Heartfelt Thanks to You All at PF" is a message of gratitude and appreciation to the community at PF (Physics Forums). The author is expressing their thanks for the support and knowledge they have received from the community.

Why is the author thanking the community at PF?

The author is thanking the community at PF for their support and knowledge. They may have received help with a problem or learned something new through discussions on the forum.

Who is the author of "My Heartfelt Thanks to You All at PF"?

The author of "My Heartfelt Thanks to You All at PF" is not specified. It could be any member of the PF community who wants to express their gratitude to the community as a whole.

Is "My Heartfelt Thanks to You All at PF" a scientific article?

No, "My Heartfelt Thanks to You All at PF" is not a scientific article. It is a message of gratitude and appreciation, not a research paper or study.

How can I show my support for the PF community?

You can show your support for the PF community by actively participating in discussions, providing helpful responses to questions, and being respectful and supportive of others. You can also consider donating to the forum or promoting it to others who may benefit from the community.