My Hip Operation Date: Will Nov 13 be Unlucky?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about a person's upcoming hip operation on November 13, which falls on a Friday. They expressed concern about the superstition surrounding this date and day combination, to which the other person reassured them that everything will go well. The fear of this date and day combination was also mentioned, known as triskadekaphobia. The conversation then shifted to music recommendations, suggesting listening to artists Iz or Bobby McFerrin. The conversation ended with a joke about hospital food and a warning to be careful around bathtubs during recovery. Overall, the person was reassured and given some lighthearted advice for their upcoming operation.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I have finally a date fore my hip operation November the 13 Friday, can that be unlucky?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
I have finally a date fore my hip operation November the 13 Friday, can that be unlucky?
Just buy a lottery ticket for that day to balance out you odds.

wolram said:
November the 13 Friday, can that be unlucky?
Only if the hospital food are MREs... lol

You will be fine... back on your feet in no time.

Just be wary around bathtubs, though... :oldfrown:

1. Will having my hip operation on Friday the 13th be unlucky?

There is no scientific evidence that suggests a specific date can bring bad luck. The outcome of your hip operation will depend on the medical team's skills and your body's response to the surgery, not the date.

2. Are there any risks associated with having my hip operation on November 13th?

No, the risks associated with a hip operation are related to the surgery itself and not the date. Your surgeon will take all necessary precautions to ensure a safe procedure regardless of the date.

3. Is there any scientific basis for the superstitions surrounding Friday the 13th?

No, there is no scientific evidence to support superstitions surrounding this date. It is often considered unlucky due to cultural beliefs and traditions, but there is no scientific basis to support these beliefs.

4. Should I reschedule my hip operation to avoid it falling on Friday the 13th?

No, there is no need to reschedule your operation based on superstitions. The most important factor is to choose a date that works best for you and your medical team.

5. Can I do anything to improve my luck on the day of my hip operation?

The outcome of your hip operation is not based on luck, but rather the skills and expertise of your medical team and your own body's healing process. The best thing you can do is follow your doctor's instructions and focus on a positive mindset for a successful surgery and recovery.