My Home on Google | Admire Kerala's Lush Greenery

In summary, the picture is of my home, sweet home and neighbourhood as taken from a satellite used by the Google Earth software. The detail is a bit out, but I've figured that in major cities and in countries like the US, the detail is quite mindblowing. The maps were recently updated for many parts of the globe in June as part GE's first year anniversary.This kind of quality right here on google maps just blows my mind.
arunbg
Here's a picture of my home, sweet home and neighbourhood as taken from a satellite used by the Google Earth software. It's the one with the red circle around it.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n44/arunbg/myhome.jpg
Admire the lush greenery of God's Own Country, Kerala :approve:

I agree the detail is a bit out, but I've figured that in major cities and in countries like the US, the detail is quite mindblowing (you can even distinguish cars from trucks !).

In case you don't have the software, download it from http://www.googleearth.com

C'mon let's see your neighbourhood too :biggrin:

Arun

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
~ Albert Einstein

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The maps were recently updated for many parts of the globe in June as part GE's first year anniversary.

I possesses an apartment in the building indicated by the red arrow. This is a little town in the Pyrenees called "La Molina", famous for being a ski-resort. I go there from time to time to practice astronomy, the sky is free from pollution

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5404/molina45qo.jpg

Monique said:
Canals of downtown Amsterdam
I give you De Pijp :smile:

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5463/pijp8xl.jpg

MOUNT EVEREST

everest.jpg

Did you guys know that in some of the best places, such as downtown New York and Paris, you can see individual people?

Drat! They don't seem to have upgraded MY area. Vehicle-scale resolution ends just a mile short of my house on the outskirts of Toronto Canada.

Hey, something we used to do in Geography class when looking at photos like this is try to ascertain as much as possible about when the photo was taken.

Can you tell (without looking at the datestamp):
- what year?
- what season?
- what day of the week (weekday/weekend)?
- what time of day?

I know the pic of my area was taken this year, since I can see new buildings under construction.

And I can tell it was taken in the last couple of weeks of April or first weeks of May. All the sailing school boats at the local marina are already in the water, while none of private boats are.

And since there are big rigs on the highways and cars in parking lots of offices, it must have been taken on a weekday.

And I know by the shadows that it was taken between 10AM and 11AM.

I've nailed it down to a one-hour window on, at most, 20 possible days.

HAH! But now I know that this map is a FAKE! The cop with the radar at the Lakeshore Blvd. exit from Gardiner Expwy is not there. AND HE'S ALWAYS $*@!#&$ THERE!

Last edited:
I love cities. There is an air of empire to it.

DaveC426913 said:
Did you guys know that in some of the best places, such as downtown New York and Paris, you can see individual people?
I already showed that, or is it not good enough?

e7016c9d.jpg

France...could not have chosen a more apt national emblem than a thousand-foot phallus.

- The Da Vinci Code

:biggrin:

Monique said:
I already showed that, or is it not good enough?
Sorry, guess I missed that.

moose said:
This kind of quality right here on google maps
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...8407,-71.058186&spn=0.001397,0.00339&t=k&om=1

just blows my mind O_O
"Thews something wewy scwewy going on heyw...":tongue2: (my best Elmer Fudd)

See the semicircular building at far left? Centre on it.
Look at all the buildings adjacent to the semicircular building.
What's wrong with this picture?
:tongue: :tongue:

Last edited:
Any Easter Eggs in Google Earth.

It flys to Area 51 but nothing interesting there, anything else?

I also typed in OBL - but even Google can't find him! :tongue:

MSN's latest mapping project has aerial photography - they flew airplanes around major metro areas to take the pictures. My house is the one on the right in the building in the middle.

Attachments

• russshouse.jpg
    russshouse.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 370
DaveC426913 said:
I don't know if this is what you're talking about, but all of them are accessable only from the water.

Wow this msn is great!

My house "targeted" in red...3...2...1...BOOOOOM! :biggrin:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5130/homeyy6.png

DaveC426913 said:
"Thews something wewy scwewy going on heyw...":tongue2: (my best Elmer Fudd)

See the semicircular building at far left? Centre on it.
Look at all the buildings adjacent to the semicircular building.
:tongue: :tongue:
Wow, talk about vertigo. I almost puked on my keyboard! :blushing: You're right -- it looks like two different perspectives melded together on a horizontal line. If you zoom all the way out on that image, you can almost make out where the two images were joined. Same shadows, but different image perspective on the fly-over.

berkeman said:
What's that large circular stadium to the northeast of your home?
Looks like a cricket field.

Gokul43201 said:
Looks like a cricket field.
Aha. Well, no wonder I didn't recognize it. :rolleyes:

It is PCA - Punjab Cricket Stadium. It is fun to go there. I wish I was in Mohali so that I could see the coming matches there. :cry:

berkeman said:
Wow, talk about vertigo. I almost puked on my keyboard! :blushing: You're right -- it looks like two different perspectives melded together on a horizontal line. If you zoom all the way out on that image, you can almost make out where the two images were joined. Same shadows, but different image perspective on the fly-over.
I thought I identified three different perspectives actually.

russ_watters said:
MSN's latest mapping project has aerial photography - they flew airplanes around major metro areas to take the pictures. My house is the one on the right in the building in the middle.
How do I access this? Does it cover West Toronto?

cyrusabdollahi said:
Wow this msn is great!

My house "targeted" in red...3...2...1...BOOOOOM! :biggrin:
:eek: those houses and driveways are HUGE!

1. What is "My Home on Google | Admire Kerala's Lush Greenery"?

"My Home on Google | Admire Kerala's Lush Greenery" is a virtual tour experience offered by Google, where users can explore and admire the lush greenery of Kerala, India through 360-degree photos and videos.

2. How do I access "My Home on Google | Admire Kerala's Lush Greenery"?

You can access "My Home on Google | Admire Kerala's Lush Greenery" by searching for it on Google or by going to the official website. The tour is also available on the Google Arts & Culture app.

3. Can I customize the tour on "My Home on Google | Admire Kerala's Lush Greenery"?

Yes, you can customize the tour by choosing which areas and attractions of Kerala you want to explore. You can also click on the different points of interest within the tour for more information and photos.

4. Is "My Home on Google | Admire Kerala's Lush Greenery" free to use?

Yes, "My Home on Google | Admire Kerala's Lush Greenery" is completely free to use. You do not need to pay or subscribe to any services to access the tour.

5. Can I use "My Home on Google | Admire Kerala's Lush Greenery" for educational purposes?

Yes, "My Home on Google | Admire Kerala's Lush Greenery" can be a great educational tool for learning about the culture and environment of Kerala. Teachers and students can use the tour to explore and study the region's biodiversity, history, and more.

Back