1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My Interest in Physics and Mathematics

1. Aug 15, 2005 #1
    Hi Folks
    May be a'm buggingu ppl with these time taking questions .. But i am not in state to go ahead with my interests

I am interested in understanding different aspects of physics and mathematics related to same .

Can anyone of u guide me as where to start ?. This is the biggest quesion in front of me . :smile:

I wud like to develop sound knowledge in Maths + Physics .

Looking eagerly for ur help.

Thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 15, 2005 #2

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Are you in school? Will you be going to school, or do you plan to learn on your own?

4. Aug 15, 2005 #3
    :confused:

well, assuming you are in college or are going to be entering college, a safe bet would be taking the calculus/diff eq sequence and the introductory physics sequence, and also the modern physics course (if available).

and...of course, if you REALLY like that stuff, you can major in physics...

5. Aug 18, 2005 #4
    I need to answer following questions for you .
    1: I completed my graduate studies as computer science student . I have learnt physics or maths as one required subject .

But my interest in these two subjects has increased a lot . So i need guidance as how to proceed . May be this is very basic at this point of time . Still i have to go wuth my interest in understnading Maths and Physics.

Man these info would be more clearer .
    Eagery waiting for ur reply.

crytp_su

6. Aug 18, 2005 #5
    Assuming that you are attending college, that information is readily available in your institutions calendar. Consult that first as it will give you a greater insight on what to take than what you are suggested to take on PF. However, I am surprised you were not required to take any math courses as a computer science major.

If you are not attending college, then specify if your self-learning.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?