My Interest in Physics and Mathematics

In summary, the speaker is seeking guidance on where to start with their interest in understanding physics and mathematics. They are considering taking college courses in calculus, differential equations, introductory physics, and modern physics. They are also open to majoring in physics. The speaker has completed graduate studies in computer science, but wants to pursue their interest in these subjects. They are eagerly awaiting a reply for more specific guidance.
crypt_su
Hi Folks
May be a'm buggingu ppl with these time taking questions .. But i am not in state to go ahead with my interests

I am interested in understanding different aspects of physics and mathematics related to same .

Can anyone of u guide me as where to start ?. This is the biggest quesion in front of me . :smile:

I wud like to develop sound knowledge in Maths + Physics .

Looking eagerly for ur help.

Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you in school? Will you be going to school, or do you plan to learn on your own?

:confused:

well, assuming you are in college or are going to be entering college, a safe bet would be taking the calculus/diff eq sequence and the introductory physics sequence, and also the modern physics course (if available).

and...of course, if you REALLY like that stuff, you can major in physics...

I need to answer following questions for you .
1: I completed my graduate studies as computer science student . I have learned physics or maths as one required subject .

But my interest in these two subjects has increased a lot . So i need guidance as how to proceed . May be this is very basic at this point of time . Still i have to go wuth my interest in understanding Maths and Physics.

Man these info would be more clearer .
Eagery waiting for ur reply.

crytp_su

Assuming that you are attending college, that information is readily available in your institutions calendar. Consult that first as it will give you a greater insight on what to take than what you are suggested to take on PF. However, I am surprised you were not required to take any math courses as a computer science major.

If you are not attending college, then specify if your self-learning.

Last edited:

1. What sparked your interest in physics and mathematics?

My interest in physics and mathematics was sparked by my innate curiosity about the world around me. As a child, I was always fascinated by how things worked and I loved solving puzzles and problems. This led me to gravitate towards subjects like physics and mathematics, which allowed me to apply logical and analytical thinking to understand the fundamental laws of the universe.

2. How have you pursued your interest in physics and mathematics?

I have pursued my interest in physics and mathematics by taking advanced courses in these subjects throughout my academic career. I have also participated in various research projects and internships in physics and mathematics, which have allowed me to apply my knowledge and gain hands-on experience. Additionally, I have attended seminars, workshops, and conferences to further expand my knowledge and stay updated on the latest developments in these fields.

3. What are your favorite topics within physics and mathematics?

My favorite topics within physics are quantum mechanics and astrophysics. I find the concepts of quantum mechanics, such as superposition and entanglement, to be incredibly fascinating and mind-boggling. In mathematics, my favorite topics are calculus and linear algebra. I enjoy the challenge of solving complex equations and using mathematical models to understand real-world phenomena.

4. How do you see physics and mathematics being applied in the real world?

Physics and mathematics are essential in understanding and explaining the natural world and have numerous practical applications. From engineering and technology to medicine and finance, these subjects play a crucial role in various industries. For example, physics principles are used in designing structures, creating new materials, and developing advanced technologies, while mathematics is used in data analysis, forecasting, and risk assessment.

5. What are your future goals and aspirations in the field of physics and mathematics?

My ultimate goal is to contribute to the scientific community by conducting groundbreaking research and making significant discoveries in the field of physics and mathematics. I aspire to pursue a career as a researcher or professor, where I can continue learning and expanding my knowledge while also inspiring and mentoring future generations of scientists. I also hope to use my expertise to tackle real-world problems and make a positive impact on society.