Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My laptop is edible?

1. Jan 7, 2006 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

[​IMG]

This is the shipment for my laptop...

I guess the FDA customs guys are reallllllllllllllly hungry :confused:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 7, 2006 #2

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

Why did you buy a laptop from Hong Kong?

4. Jan 7, 2006 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I guess IBM is actually a chinese acronym

5. Jan 7, 2006 #4
    Since you bought form another country the FDA might be doing scans on it to make sure there's no illgeal drugs or the avian flu virus
    Why is it in ketucky?

6. Jan 7, 2006 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

haha yah watch, i'm going to get bird flu thanks to this :|. I'll sue ibm.

7. Jan 7, 2006 #6
    I think the Food and Drug Administration was concerned about its drug-like properties, not its food value. The internet is a known addictive medium which can be accessed with a laptop.

8. Jan 7, 2006 #7
    If you do I herd that there making Computer lawers maybe the FDA will put on your computer because of the delay for inspecting it but they were really eating the KFC in you laptops hard drive so they didn't find avian flu virus
    Everthing is made china

9. Jan 7, 2006 #8

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

Pengwuino, IBM doesn't make laptops anymore. Lenovo bought that portion of the company. I guess their operations are in HK.

scott1, if you buy a dell it will come from texas. Not everything is built in china.

10. Jan 7, 2006 #9

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Yah yah, ibm, lenovo, apples and apples :P

11. Jan 7, 2006 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'd have to guess that's the main distribution center for whatever company was doing the delivery. Is Louisville where Fed-Ex has their main distribution center?

That does seem odd that FDA was inspecting it. I would understand if it was USDA checking for any agricultural products (even if it says it's a computer, they might have to inspect to make sure the contents match the label and aren't anything illegal being smuggled in). Unless it just came in on a flight with something FDA would need to inspect and they hold the entire plane until the inspection is done, but I didn't think they actually inspected anything. I thought it was all customs and USDA that did physical inspections of goods entering the country.

12. Jan 7, 2006 #11
    You mean it assmbled in Texas there's probally somthing in a dell that came form china but not evething is built china some of it is built in Taiwan and in Texas/US

13. Jan 7, 2006 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Maybe they were confused and thought they needed to inspect the packing peanuts? :biggrin:

14. Jan 7, 2006 #13
    what some manufacturers say is: parts from china, assembled in japan

i personally prefer if it's assembled or made in japan/usa. i just think both countries have better quality control.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?