My life (1 Viewer)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

26
0
I am 45 now, single...

I married when I was doing my Phd in mathematics (dissertation: set theory in computer science) (26 years old). I just couldn't stand people's looks over my personality.
I like a lot of things, and have many dreams.

Before formally getting married, my g/f got pregnant and right in the year we became husband and wife, she gave me a baby girl (Tina)

Years after that, we dirvorced and I was allowed to keep the kid. Tina is now 20, a young beautiful girl studying in a big college far away from me.

I am so lonely...that's something I want to tell you.
 
And just what is your point?
 
622
2
it helps to just tell a bunch of random strangers eh? lonliness sucks pretty bad. seems like you've overall had a good life though. count your blessings i guess? what's your daughter studying? what things do you like?
 

JasonRox

... to graduate school.
Homework Helper
Gold Member
2,228
2
I think being alone is pleasant. I enjoy my own company, so I don't know what to say here though.

I'm also very young, so I can be naive about this.

Also, some people just need someone and I respect that.
 

Lisa!

Gold Member
594
89
Look around yourself and I'm sure you can find plenty of people who're feeling lonely just like you, so why not joing each other? :smile:
 
Drimar said:
I am 45 now, single...

I married when I was doing my Phd in mathematics (dissertation: set theory in computer science) (26 years old). I just couldn't stand people's looks over my personality.
I like a lot of things, and have many dreams.

Before formally getting married, my g/f got pregnant and right in the year we became husband and wife, she gave me a baby girl (Tina)

Years after that, we dirvorced and I was allowed to keep the kid. Tina is now 20, a young beautiful girl studying in a big college far away from me.

I am so lonely...that's something I want to tell you.
Just out of curiousity,
What is your MBTI type? INTP, I presume?
http://www.step-up-to-success.org/Personality_test.html[url] Here is a page on MTBI and relationship help: [url]http://www.personalitypage.com/relationships.html
 

cronxeh

Gold Member
928
9
Drimar said:
I am 45 now, single...

I married when I was doing my Phd in mathematics (dissertation: set theory in computer science) (26 years old). I just couldn't stand people's looks over my personality.
I like a lot of things, and have many dreams.

Before formally getting married, my g/f got pregnant and right in the year we became husband and wife, she gave me a baby girl (Tina)

Years after that, we dirvorced and I was allowed to keep the kid. Tina is now 20, a young beautiful girl studying in a big college far away from me.. I am so lonely...that's something I want to tell you.
Well you are at that point in your life where you've already reached the intellectual and the spiritual, have a 20 year old daughter who is in school and so perhaps what you need now is enjoy simpler things in life again.. just like back at 18 - find a woman, pour a glass of wine and kick back in your recliner looking at the sunset together. Some details, details, and umm... or you could smoke a doobie listen to some old records maybe make your own music or finish one of those Millenium Problems in Math. :biggrin:

i just dont think any of this interests you.. in that case i got no answers for you man - im 21 and in the same exact state of mind as you
-
 
Last edited:

wolram

Gold Member
4,108
548
Go out and buy an vintage motorcycle, you can polish and hone it better than any human, and it rewards you with starting first kick, what female
does that ? and people will come out and say ohh my grandpap had one
of those, and you make loadsa friends, so you can not be lonely.
 

J77

1,061
1
...or a flash sports car.

Time for that mid-lifer :smile:
 
26
0
Thanks everyone for making me happy..

I am glad you guys join the thread, I have a lot of friends around now, no more loneliness.

Hey, anyone can guess how many people there are with me ?

Hint: The number must start from zero. :wink:
 

Mk

1,940
3
e to the i pi'th?
 

honestrosewater

wrapt in a willow
Gold Member
1,996
4
wolram said:
Go out and buy an vintage motorcycle, you can polish and hone it better than any human, and it rewards you with starting first kick, what female
does that ?
Kick me and you'll find out.
 
women.....:frown:
 

wolram

Gold Member
4,108
548
honestrosewater said:
Kick me and you'll find out.
:blushing: i think i worded that all wrong, sorry females.
 

honestrosewater

wrapt in a willow
Gold Member
1,996
4
wolram said:
:blushing: i think i worded that all wrong, sorry females.
:frown: Where am I gonna get my kicks then? Route 66?
 

wolram

Gold Member
4,108
548
honestrosewater said:
:frown: Where am I gonna get my kicks then? Route 66?
:mad: I get so confuddled these days, i thought i was getting a rollicking,
no need to go via 66, i could take you to bobs cafe on my velo.
 

Mk

1,940
3
honestrosewater said:
:frown: Where am I gonna get my kicks then? Route 66?
[country voice]Route sixtah-six doo doo doo doo— doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo— doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo![/country music voice]
 

honestrosewater

wrapt in a willow
Gold Member
1,996
4
:rofl: There's too much confusion. I can't get no relief.
 

wolram

Gold Member
4,108
548
honestrosewater said:
:rofl: There's too much confusion. I can't get no relief.
Aww, no worries babs, cmer and i will give you a shoulder massage. :smile:
 

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving
Top