Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My luck has changed

1. Oct 2, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

I just knocked a knife off the counter i felt hit my foot ( i am all ways bare foot in the house),:redface: for a second i dare not look down but oh joy it must have hit handle first, i was expecting to see it stuck in my foot, it made me think if knives follow the buttered toast
    lore.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 2, 2008 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Uh oh, I'd be pretty careful the next few days if I were you. :uhh:

The last time I knocked a knife off the counter it hit the floor, bounced up and backwards hitting the cabinet door behind me, it then ricocheted off the door and blade first into the back of my heel going about a half inch into it. I had to have it sewn back up by the emergency room.

4. Oct 2, 2008 #3

turbo

Gold Member

If that happened with my 6" Sabatier chef's knife, I just know it would have come down tip first and that razor-sharp kitchen tool would have pegged my foot to the floor. I try to wear shoes when working in the kitchen, for a little extra protection against cuts and burns.

5. Oct 2, 2008 #4

wolram

Gold Member

Ouch.

6. Oct 3, 2008 #5

Borek

I think Evo should be banned. Either from giving answers of specific type, or from kitchen.

7. Oct 3, 2008 #6

Evo

:biggrin: I'll stay out of the kitchen if your wife will let you come over and show me how to make those brined pickles. :!!)

8. Oct 3, 2008 #7

Borek

Seems like you really got infected with the idea... Didn't think it'll be THAT serious :smile:

9. Oct 3, 2008 #8
    Jesus Christ woman! Get you to a Witchdoctor ASAP!!

10. Oct 3, 2008 #9
    Good golly what did you knock the knife off with, an air to air missile :eek:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?