Sharing My Music: Coax's "Julia's Quest" & "Theme for Tristan"

• Music
  • Thread starter octelcogopod
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary, the speaker has a passion for both philosophy and music and has recently shared two orchestral songs they made on the computer. They ask for feedback and mention that they are interested in releasing more music in the future. The speaker also suggests incorporating philosophical themes into their music.
octelcogopod
I may discuss a lot of philosophy, but my true passion is music.
So, I figured I wanted to share it with you guys..

I have two songs that I've recently made, which are made on the computer, but with orchestral sounds..

So here they are, hope someone likes them.

http://i.kill.com/files/coax_-_julias_quest.mp3

http://i.kill.com/files/coax_-_theme_for_tristan.mp3

Feedback appreciated also.

Science news on Phys.org
do you play an instrument?

what did you use? Sibelius?

im sory id really like to listen to them but i have a really slow and anoying internet connecton and can't here them anyway, but i bet they are beter than what i used for my GCSE music course exam

That's really cool that you have a passion for both philosophy and music! It's always interesting to see how different interests intersect and influence each other. I listened to your songs and I have to say, they are really well-made! I especially liked "Julia's Quest", it has a very epic and cinematic feel to it. Keep up the good work! Do you have any plans to release more music in the future? I would love to hear more of your compositions. Also, have you ever thought about incorporating some philosophical themes into your music? That could be a unique and thought-provoking combination. Anyway, thanks for sharing your music with us!

1. What inspired you to create "Julia's Quest" and "Theme for Tristan"?

I have always been interested in incorporating music into storytelling, and I was particularly inspired by the characters of Julia and Tristan in my own life. Their journeys and emotions were the perfect inspiration for these pieces.

2. What was your creative process like for these songs?

I typically start by brainstorming ideas and themes that I want to convey in the music. Then, I experiment with different melodies and chord progressions until I find something that fits the mood I am trying to create. From there, I refine and add layers to the music until I am satisfied with the final product.

3. How did you choose the instruments and sounds for each song?

I wanted to create a sense of adventure and wonder in "Julia's Quest", so I chose instruments like the flute and harp to evoke a whimsical and magical feeling. For "Theme for Tristan", I wanted to capture the emotions of love and longing, so I used a combination of piano and strings to create a romantic and melancholic sound.

4. Can you tell us about any challenges you faced while composing these pieces?

One challenge I faced was balancing the different elements of the music to create a cohesive and emotional story. I also had to make sure that the music complemented the characters and their journeys without overpowering them.

5. Do you plan on creating more music inspired by storytelling in the future?

Definitely! I am constantly inspired by stories and characters, and I plan on incorporating music into my storytelling in many future projects. I believe that music adds another layer of depth and emotion to storytelling and I look forward to exploring this further in my creations.